|Page (1) of 1 - 08/13/01||email article||print page|
Worley Brings LightWave Plugins to Mac OS XEntire line now supports classic and native environments
Sasquatch is a plugin for creating hair and fur on 3D objects. Sasquatch integrates its own photorealistic hair rendering engine into LightWave and includes more than 50 controls for style, color and shading of fur and hair. It also includes automatic fur styling and long hair modeling capabilities.
Gaffer is a shader that performs jobs similar to those performed by a production Gaffer. This plugin enhances the specular and diffuse channels already available in LightWave and gives per channel boosting and exclusion controls, as well as area lights, blooming and new tools for compositing shadows on backgrounds. Gaffer Features include:
- Selective Lighting: Exclusion of lights on any surface, negative lights, and new falloff options.
- Specularity Control: Multiple specular reflections, with independent intensity and color control.
- Anisotropic Specularity: Non-uniform specularity from brushed metals, hair, and threads.
- Advanced Diffuse Shading: Diffuse transmission, and a new model for rough surfaces like rock.
- Advanced Shadowing Options: Photorealistic area light shadows.
- Shadow Compositing Modes: Integration of shadows into background plates.
- Specular Bloom: Automatic glows around the very brightest reflections.
- Advanced Interface: Full GUI, shading preview and enveloped numeric controls.
The James K. Polk collection is actually a set of 23 plugins and gives improved control when animating objects within scenes. These include:
- Acid: A shader allowing you to change a surface's texture and bump mapping based on effectors.
- Poke: An effector displacement plugin with history
- Blink: Automates irregular but periodic motion
- Parent: Allows dynamic parenting of objects and bones over time
- Link: Allows control of complex cycled motion
- Lens: Corrects or adds lens distortions to LW imagery
- Wheelie: Automatically rotates wheels
- Speedlimit: Forces objects to stay within defined speeds
- Track: Allows any object to align any axis to point at any other item
- Limiter: Restricts object movement to prevent out of bounds motions
- Dangle: Automatically animates dangling chains, ropes, and cables
- Flexor: Allows smooth, dynamic bending of objects
- Diffuse: Gas-like diffusion of particles over time
- HSVBoost: Surface shader allowing hue, saturation and value manipulation
- Enviro: Makes QTVR maps, also spherical, cubical, and orthogonal views of your scene
- VFog: Ultra-fast ground fog
- DropShadow: Simple 2D blurred shadows
- Confusion: Renders depth of field circle of confusion maps
- Whip: A simple physics simulator for adding dynamic hinges and joints
- EdgeRGB: The EdgeRGB tool adds a rim of color around the outside edge of objects.
- ObjBlur: ObjBlur overrides LightWave's normal motion blur on an object by object basis. It can make "Extended Blurs," which can range forward and/or backward in time by any number of frames
- Polypop: Polypop makes an object to fade into a scene one polygon at a time.
- Diffuser: Diffuser adds random offsets to an object's position and/or rotation channels
- Unveil: Creates a "sphere of transparency" around the camera. This allows the camera to fly through objects without "popping" through surfaces
- SuperQ: SuperQ is a displacement plugin for transforming spheres into rounded-edge cubes, rounded cylinders and diamonds
- Rayleigh: Rayleigh is a simple fog tool that allows each of the RGB channels to have a separate fog falloff distance. This allows bluing of distant objects and is useful for atmospheres and underwater
- PathAlign: The PathAlign tool is a more powerful version of LightWave's Align to Path. It allows you to have any axis aligned, not just +Z.
- BladeBlur: BladeBlur is a surface shader for faking blurred propeller blades
- VelAccel: VelAccel allows you to keyframe object velocities and accelerations instead of positions
Named after William H. Taft, this collection of six plugins includes the ability to render unlimited over Screamernet and includes:
- Camera Match: This is designed to help animators match the LightWave camera to a photographers still image (background plate) and helps fix compositing errors.
- Sticky Front Projection: Uses still photographs to create photorealistic surfaces.
- Whirly Points: Allows you to move with soft dynamics (an alternative to LightWaves Motion Designer), creating smooth flowing cloth and other soft deformations of objects. Subpatch and bone-based dynamics to have also been added to accommodate the latest version of LightWave 6.5.
- Tracer: Designed to create automatic weapons fire without added geometry or particles and without keyframing.
- Heatwave: Used to create shimmering waves of heat off hot surfaces.
- Hoser: Create realistic flexible hosing without the long boning and IK process.
Disgusting is a plugin for rendering disgusting-looking textures.
All of the updates in the Worley collection are available now. For more information, visit http://www.worley.com.
Related Keywords:newtek, lightwave, hair, worley, sasquatch