|Page (1) of 1 - 01/24/12||email article||print page|
Workday Financial Management and Human Capital Management Selected by Sallie MaeNation's No. 1 Financial Services Company for Education Moves Financials and HR to the Cloud (January 24, 2012)
PLEASANTON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/12 -- Workday Inc. today announced that Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM), the nation's leading provider of education financing, has selected Workday Financial Management after a successful deployment of Workday Human Capital Management (HCM). Workday is the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources (HR), payroll, and financial management.
- Sallie Mae was looking for a unified platform that provides enhanced management reporting delivered in a simplified and accessible user interface for senior executives. Sallie Mae was also looking to drive down the total cost of ownership of administrative systems. After an exhaustive due diligence effort, Sallie Mae determined Workday best met those requirements.
- Workday will provide Sallie Mae with many benefits as a platform for both financial and human resources data and operations including:
- The ability to access and unify data from across the enterprise and deliver rich analysis in a more timely fashion.
- Market-leading workflow that will provide greater data control and accuracy in financial reporting with much-improved audit tracking.
- The ability to streamline end-to-end processes across multiple business areas.
- Workday offers additional advantages over traditional on-premise ERP solutions. Those identified as particularly beneficial include:
- Updates with new features and functionality delivered by Workday three times a year, freeing companies like Sallie Mae from onsite software support and upgrade costs and cycles.
- An appealing, consumer-like Web user interface that delivers self-service capabilities for managers and employees, and support for mobile devices such as the iPad®.
- Automation of many tactical HR and finance functions, allowing HR professionals to focus on strategic work.
Comments on the News
"We needed a system that provided standardization and a platform where management could get real-time information across the organization," said Patrick Ryan, vice president of financial systems at Sallie Mae. "We looked at the SaaS marketplace and evaluated providers using a quantitative scorecard, and Workday clearly separated itself from the pack. Workday's technology concept gives us the flexibility to produce real-time information that can have a major impact on management decision making. Through Workday, we will be able to drive people to one place -- instead of having to create separate data repositories -- to get the information managers need when they need it."
"When customers tell us that our solutions are going to help them make better business decisions, we know we're succeeding at what we set out to do from the start at Workday," said Dave Duffield, Workday co-CEO and chief customer advocate. "We're thrilled that Sallie Mae, a time-honored institution, plans to use our business management solutions to drive its business forward."
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 280 customers, spanning medium-sized organizations to Fortune 500 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
Any unreleased services, features or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2012. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Media Contact Information
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Cloud, SaaS, Human Resources, Financial Management, Finance, Payroll, Business Software, HR, ERP, Marketwire, Inc., , Apple Computer, Financial, Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Business, Other,