|Page (1) of 1 - 05/11/12||email article||print page|
Workday Continues European Growth as More Enterprises Join the Workday CloudDirect Line Group, Inchcape Shipping Services, Ramboll, and Scandic Select Workday (May 11, 2012)
PLEASANTON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/11/12 -- Workday Inc., the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources (HR), payroll, and financial management, today announced that Direct Line Group, Inchcape Shipping Services, Ramboll, and Scandic have selected Workday's modern solutions in the cloud. These enterprises -- headquartered in England, Denmark, and Sweden -- join growing numbers of Workday customers around the world.
- Direct Line Insurance Group plc (Direct Line Group) is headquartered in Bromley, Kent, with operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, and Italy. Through its number of well-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill, and Privilege, Direct Line Group offers a wide range of general insurance products to consumers. The company also offers insurance services for third party brands through its Partnerships division. In the commercial sector, its NIG and Direct Line for Business operations provide insurance products for businesses via brokers or direct, respectively. Workday manages and delivers updates to all of its customers three times a year over a matter of days to ensure customers are current on the latest application and technology innovations. This update process dramatically reduces IT complexity and creates efficiencies for Direct Line Group. Workday's manager self-service, actionable analytics, and ease of navigation also were leading factors in Direct Line Group's selection.
- Inchcape Shipping Services (ISS) is one of the world's leading maritime services providers. Headquartered in Essex, England, and covering every key port worldwide, ISS has more than 280 offices in 65 countries and employs some 3,700 people. In addition to core port agency services, ISS provides innovative maritime, cargo, and supply chain solutions to ship owners and operators who span all geographies, market segments, vessels, and asset types. Workday's intuitive user experience and its model of delivering product updates to all of its customers three times yearly -- ensuring customers are current on the latest application and technology innovations -- are among the reasons ISS chose Workday HCM.
- Ramboll, based in Copenhagen, is a leading engineering, design, and consulting firm with 10,000 workers in 21 countries. The company employs a highly mobile workforce, with services spanning buildings, transportation, environment, energy, oil/gas, telecommunications, and management consulting. Workday's real SaaS delivery model and support for mobile devices were among the reasons Ramboll chose Workday HCM. With Workday, Ramboll replaces multiple on-premise HR systems and gains its first global HR system of record.
- Scandic Hotels, headquartered in Stockholm, is the Nordic region's leading hotel chain with 160 hotels in nine countries and 6,600 employees. Scandic wants to increase access and quality of people information, as well as move to the next level in terms of talent management capabilities. By selecting Workday HCM, Scandic will be able to meet these targets as well as reduce time spent on HR administration. Workday's configuration possibilities, integration capabilities, and user friendliness were leading factors in the company's selection.
- Visit Workday online for case studies, videos, and more about Workday customer deployments.
Comments on the News
"We continue to make good progress on our transformation plan," said Mark Martin, HR director at Direct Line Group. "We are continuing to build capability with our systems and we have chosen Workday as our core HR system and an integral part of our HR transformation strategy."
"When enterprise software emerged decades ago, the concept of global business had not yet evolved. Businesses were siloed by regions, and software was designed to support that approach," said Dave Duffield, co-founder and co-CEO at Workday. "At Workday, global functionality for today's businesses is built into the core of our solutions, which we now support in more than 219 countries. We welcome these new customers to Workday."
Workday is a leader in enterprise-class, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 310 customers, spanning medium-sized organizations to Fortune 50 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2012. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: cloud, SaaS, HCM, Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Human Resources, software, England, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Marketwire, Inc., , Financial, Shipping, Business, england, Other,