|Page (1) of 1 - 08/16/11||email article||print page|
Workday 14: Introducing Embedded IntelligenceEnhanced Business Analytics Provide Real Time Contextual Insight (August 16, 2011)
PLEASANTON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/16/11 -- Workday Inc., the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources, payroll, and financial management, today announced that all live Workday customers have moved to the company's latest release. Workday 14 features embedded intelligence and includes enhancements to human capital management (HCM), financial management, and spend management, as well as new capabilities for the higher education industry.
With Workday's embedded intelligence, data is available directly within the context of a business process without the need to navigate elsewhere in the system. These embedded analytics allow managers to gain relevant business insight, such as viewing employee history and performance data while filling out performance reviews, or viewing an entire team's holiday schedule while approving vacation for another employee. Workday leverages in-memory data management for speed and efficiency to deliver these powerful business analytics.
The current release of Workday includes more than 140 new features, all available to current customers as part of their core subscription -- at no additional cost.
- Embedded Intelligence within business processes allows for real-time contextual insight. Workday enables pre-built or custom worklets to be embedded within selected business processes. These worklets provide relevant, real-time business insight in context at the point of decision.
- Financials and Spend Management enhancements deliver advances in process efficiency, managerial insight, compliance, and end user enablement and include: multi-company processing, automated cash receipts, expanding requisition processing to include contract labor, and support for new electronic 1099 filing requirements.
- Workday HCM enhancements allow managers to assess and reward performance on initiatives, projects, and results. Users can rate work, compare multiple workers side-by-side and assess performance versus initiatives with features that make it easier to achieve true alignment of strategic initiatives to day-to-day work.
- Higher Education features support shared services models to improve efficiency. Administrators can manage their dispersed organizations in a unified system with position budget checking and commitment accounting, union management and membership tracking, and custom reporting to support IPEDS requirements.
- Announced last week, the current release also includes general availability of Workday for iPad® and enhancements to Workday for iPhone®.
Comments on the News
"Unlike solutions from other software vendors, Workday embedded intelligence has been designed not only to be consumed by business users, but also to be built and deployed by business users," said Stan Swete, Workday chief technology officer. "Business users can quickly and easily build and embed custom charts, graphs and tables directly into their business processes without requiring the assistance of IT or having to know Java, SQL or understand all the traditional BI jargon."
- Download apps for Workday for iPad and Workday for iPhone.
- Read and comment on the Workday 14: Mobility and Embedded Intelligence blog written by Leighanne Levensaler, Workday's vice president of HCM strategy.
- Follow @Workday on Twitter.
- Join Workday on Facebook.
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 210 customers, spanning mid-sized organizations to Fortune 500 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
© 2011. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1701874
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1701877
Media Contact Information
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: business intelligence, ERP, analytics, cloud, saas, finance, payroll, duffield, bhusri, hr, hcm, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, Financial, Business, Other,