|Page (1) of 1 - 01/09/12||email article||print page|
WizIQ Begins Rolling New Virtual Classroom Features to Users(January 09, 2012)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/12 -- WizIQ, Inc. announced today that it is rolling out the latest version of its web-based virtual classroom software to users beginning immediately. The new virtual classroom has been in limited beta since late last year and users will soon begin seeing the option to schedule classes in the new interface. This version of the WizIQ Virtual Classroom features a myriad of enhancements that make the teaching and learning experience even richer.
The latest version of the virtual classroom features:
- Active noise cancelation: Participants no longer need to wear headphones to avoid echo and achieve high-quality voice communications. The virtual classroom now allows entire groups of students in a single location to interact with a remote instructor using a single microphone.
- 6-way video: Previously, classes were limited to four video streams. Up to six participants in a class can now broadcast from their webcams simultaneously; the instructor can switch among students and shift to full-screen video or a new 6-way conference view.
- Improved screen sharing: Users can now use the latest Flash technologies to share single applications, single windows, or their desktops, preventing viewers from seeing unwanted applications or notifications and allowing participants to focus on the task at hand.
- Breakout rooms: Instructors can place attendees into virtual breakout rooms, assigning student moderators for each. Participants can send messages to the instructor, whether or not he or she is in a particular breakout room, and instructors can bring students back into the main room at any time.
- New tools for managing participants: Audio, video, and writing controls can now be assigned en masse to participants and attendees can be searched and filtered.
- Improved PowerPoint conversion engines: Importing PowerPoint decks is now faster and concurrent uploads of multiple presentations are more efficient.
Users can wait for the phased rollout or can request a free upgrade to the new virtual classroom by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. New accounts will have access to the updates immediately.
This release marks the culmination of months of development and user feedback, incorporating innovative and useful features into the most cost-effective virtual classroom on the market.
WizIQ is a Chandigarh, India-based company with an office in Boston. WizIQ's online learning and teaching platform connects educators and students through its Virtual Classroom technology and course marketplace, with nearly 1.5 million registered active users. WizIQ's teaching tools work from any browser, eliminating the need to download software or worry about upgrades. At the same time, these tools are scalable enough to meet the needs of universities and major training and teaching organizations.
2 On The Common
Royalston, MA 01368
Contact: Christopher Dawson
C-133, Second Floor
Industrial Area, Phase VIII
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: virtual classroom, e-learning, WizIQ, online learning, Pro AV, Presentors, Pro Audio, Flash, Microphone, Headphones/Earphones, Graphics/Design, Business Issues, Presentation, Training, Marketwire, ,