|Page (1) of 1 - 07/26/04||email article||print page|
Winnov Releases CBOX 2Second generation Rich Media Presentation Appliance (July 26, 2004)
Winnov, a leading supplier of audio/video capture and streaming solutions, today announced the availability of CBOX 2, Winnov's second generation of Rich Media Presentation Appliance making communications more impactful, useful and effective. CBOX 2 provides a turnkey presentation appliance that enables marketers, trainers and other business users to easily create and publish impactful presentations for live or on-demand viewing over the internet, and intranet or via CD-ROM. CBOX 2 makes an event such as a conference or a meeting, instantly viewable on the internet using CBOX's Player which is free and does not require a special download. The CBOX presentation appliance leverages the power of visual communications through high-quality video considered essential for effective communications by marketers today, accelerating and increasing the retention of important information.
With this new presentation appliance, Winnov is changing the way presenters and trainers think about and use technology in their daily presentations. Thanks to a year of customer feedback and extensive study of the presenters' behaviors, Winnov has designed CBOX 2 to accommodate technology to the teaching style of the presenter. The result is an all-in-one, easy to use and versatile solution to record hours of presentations, training, and brainstorming on DVD and web centric formats.
"A year ago, CBOX 1 delivered an innovative new turnkey presentation solution to the presentation world" said Sophie Le Guen, CBOX Product Marketing Manager at Winnov. "CBOX 2, the second generation of our presentation appliance, is the result of one-year of customer feedback coupled with Winnov's customer-centric approach and Winnov's expertise in audio and video capture technologies. CBOX 2 leverages existing materials and familiar presentation tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint and further simplifies what was already considered the easiest solution to capture and publish presentations to a disc, a network share or a website."
"Our seminars are based on live and spontaneous interactions with attendees" said Rainer Musselmann, CEO at Kahler Communication - KCG, offering Process Communication, the leading model for human resource and company development, provision of services and administration within the German speaking areas. "Personal Computers tend to be complex and inhibit creativity and spontaneity. CBOX 2 is much more powerful and allows flexibility, performance and control of even complex seminar structures. It is absolutely impressive how easy it is to use various media and integrate them seamlessly."
CBOX 2 features a variety of new features and enhancements to increase its functionality and further simplify the user experience. Key new features include:
* Instant Start - CBOX 2 provides presenters with an Instant Start feature to start authoring as soon as they turn on CBOX's application.
* Automatic Indexing - CBOX 2 automatically generates a table of contents which allows the viewers to navigate back and forth through the presentation at their own pace.
* Multiple Types of Recording - CBOX 2 enables users to choose the type of recording that best fits their needs such as the ability to record a scripted presentation for on-demand purpose or the ability to record a session with multiple presenters having their own PowerPoint slides without stopping the recording.
* Intuitive Graphical User Interface - An intuitive interface allows non-technical business users to create and deliver content using favorite presentation tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
* Immediate Publishing - CBOX 2 enables users to automatically publish their rich media content to a website, intranet or network share or even burn a CD as soon as the recording of the presentation is complete. CBOX 2 improves the speed of publishing and delivering all internal and external marketing communications and customer training to a website, intranet or CD.
* Automatic Audio and Video Management - Multiple audio and video presets allow the Presenter to set up multiple cameras and microphones once and quickly access them with a click of a mouse.
* Scalable Player - Full video format provides up to DVD quality of the video content. Other Rich Media content is fully scalable, preserving the quality and interactivity of the original content, such as PowerPoint's character font quality and animations, utilizing the full viewer's screen precision.
* Accelerated Review of content - CBOX 2 player provides the ability to accelerate the presentation up to twice the speed, with perfectly intelligible audio thanks to the integrated pitch compensation.
Availability and Pricing
CBOX 2 is shipping and can be ordered directly from Winnov or through its resellers and systems integrators located around the world. CBOX 2 list price is $14,999 including all the audio and video accessories such as a controllable camera, wireless lavaliere microphone, cordless keyboard, cordless air mouse, and whiteboard information capture peripheral. CBOX Video Demonstrations are available on http://www.cboxonline.com
Winnov manufactures board level and integrated multimedia solutions for Surveillance, Corporate Communications, Distance Learning, Broadcasting, and Telemedicine applications. Since 1992, Winnov's products leverage Winnov's proprietary audio and video signal processing technology that provides unmatched quality, stability and flexibility for Microsoft Windows platforms. Winnov's Videum Audio/Video capture boards and XstreamEngine encoding/broadcasting systems are deployed at major corporate clients such as Cisco (IPTV), Oracle, NASA, Mercedes Benz, Allstate and Bank of America. For more information on Winnov, please visit us at: http://www.winnov.com.
Related Keywords:Winnov, CBOX 2, streaming, Rich Media Presentation Appliance, Sophie Le Guen, presentation, Rainer Musselmann, Kahler Communication, PowerPoint,