|Page (1) of 1 - 11/15/11||email article||print page|
Wine.com Makes It Easier Than Ever Before to Buy Wine on the GoThe Leading Online Wine Retailer Introduces Industry's First Fully Functional Mobile Shopping Site (November 15, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/11 -- Wine.com, the #1 online wine retailer, today announced the launch of its mobile site, the first fully functional mobile shopping site in the wine retail sector, enabling customers to quickly and easily buy wine anytime, anywhere, from any mobile device -- like never before.
The launch of Wine.com's mobile site reinforces the company's spot as the top online wine retailer, leading the way with the industry's first full mobile retail site, following on the release of their innovative iPad app. Over the past several years, Wine.com has grown into the nation's leading online wine resource, selling over 2 million bottles per year to over 1 million registered users, with the largest stock of over 13,000 different bottles of wine, shipping to 90 percent of US population. As more and more consumers shop on their phones, mobile has become a common entry point for Wine.com customers: currently over 7 percent of unique visits to Wine.com come from iPhones alone. Wine.com's mobile site now brings the selection, detailed product information and easy navigation that Wine.com users know and love on the Web to their mobile devices so they can shop wherever, whenever.
"It is high time people are able to easily buy wine from their phones," says Rich Bergsund, CEO, Wine.com. "We wanted to ensure that all mobile users, regardless of whether they are on iPhone, Android or other smartphones, have the same ability to shop and have a high quality experience. Just like our iPad app, our new mobile site is incredibly flexible with the most extensive functionality in the wine industry to ensure that everyone is able to find what they're looking for and make a purchase with no hassle."
Features that make the Wine.com mobile site the ultimate on-the-go shopping experience include:
- Access to Full Inventory: mobile shoppers have access to the Wine.com's full inventory of wine, gifts and accessories, and a geo-location feature determines and displays wines available to ship to each users' specific region;
- Easy Search and Sort: users can filter wines by type, price, varietal and region to find exactly what they are looking for;
- Product Detail: users can zoom in on wine labels, read full product details and access more in-depth information, including winemaker's notes, and "Learn About" content that educates consumers on the region and varietal of each wine, as well as vineyard backgrounds;
- Express Checkout: once users have set their preferred billing and shipping information, they can buy with just a few easy clicks;
- Tracking and Account Management: not only can account users shop, they can also browse previous orders, track packages, and update their account information; accounts automatically synch across platforms, guaranteeing a consistent and seamless experience.
Wine.com is the nation's #1 online wine retailer, offering thousands of wines, wine gifts, gift baskets and monthly wine clubs. Wine.com's mission is to be the ultimate resource for wine enthusiasts, whether shopping for themselves or a gift. Wine.com offers a combination of selection, value, service and detailed product information that is impossible to find in a brick and mortar store. Wine.com is the world's most visited wine website and also runs the wine flash sales site, WineShopper. Wine.com is majority owned by Baker Capital. For more information: visit www.wine.com, the Wine Notes Blog, Facebook page, Twitter, or download the iPad app. For WineShopper, visit www.WineShopper.com or on Facebook and Twitter.
About Baker Capital
Baker Capital, founded in 1995, is New York based private equity firm with $1.5 billion under management. Baker Capital invests globally in digital communications, media and technology companies at all stages of development. The partners of Baker Capital have extensive private equity and operational experience allowing the firm to provide its portfolio companies with not only capital, but also global strategic thinking and relationships.
Virginia Zimpel or Lauren Lloyd
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Online Wine Shopping, Mobile Wine Shopping, E-Commerce, Wine Gifts, Wine Gift Baskets, Displays, Internet, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, Accessories, iPods, iphone, iPad, Search, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Shipping, Internet Technology, Other,