|Page (1) of 1 - 07/07/04||email article||print page|
WiebeTech Ships G5Jam In 1.6 Terabyte Configuration200MB/sec-capable internal storage system adds two drives to G5 (July 07, 2004)
WiebeTech is now shipping G5Jam in a 1.6 Terabyte configuration. This massive internal storage system provides G5 users the ability to implement a quad drive internal storage system with extremely high capacity and extremely high performance.
"Our new configuration uses four Hitachi 400GB Serial ATA drives, and is immediately available," said James Wiebe, CEO of WiebeTech. "Users are always looking for ways to expand the storage subsystem within the G5, and we are providing the solution."
Included accessories with the G5Jam are a machined cooling baffle plate, constructed from mirror aluminum, a Serial ATA host card (one PCI slot required) and appropriate cables. Configurations are available without drives, and also with either 2 or 4 additional Serial ATA drives.
Testing has shown that G5Jam will easily support uncompressed High Definition (1080i 10bit) video when properly configured.
WiebeTech has also reduced prices on other configurations of the G5Jam. All configurations are currently in stock.
G5Jam has the following features and benefits:
* ADDITIONAL STORAGE CAPACITY. G5Jam now allows up to 1.6 Terabyte of storage to be mounted inside the G5.
* REPLACEMENT G5 AIR BAFFLE. This improved baffle allows mounting of two additional drives in the G5. It is constructed from mirror aluminum and preserves the original internal air flow of the G5. It also serves as an extraordinary heat sink for the two additional drives which are mounted to the new air baffle.
* SUPPORTS OS X SOFT RAID. This provides performance in excess of 200MB/sec. Drives may also be configured individually.
* SUPPORTS HD EDITING. Has been tested with 1080i 10bit under Final Cut Pro in a variety of demanding edits. (Will not support 1080i across the entire disk map performance does degrade as written cylinder count increases.)
* INCLUDES SATA ADAPTER CARD. May be installed in any open PCI slot within the G5.
* USES MINIMAL INTERNAL SPACE. G5Jam occupies space which normally supports full length PCI cards in slots 1, 2 and 3. Therefore, PCI Slots 1, 2, and 3 are restricted to short length cards. Slot 4 may be a full length card.
G5Jam Pricing and Availability
G5Jam is available in multiple configurations.
Description // Order Code // Price // Availability
G5Jam, drives not included // G5J-0 // $499.95 // Stock
G5Jam, 1.6 Terabyte // G5J-4x400 // $3499.95 // Stock
G5Jam, 1Terabyte // G5J-4x250 // $1999.95 // Stock
G5Jam, 640GB // G5J-4x160 // $1299.95 // Stock
G5Jam, 500GB // G5J-2x250 // $1199.95 // Stock
G5Jam, 320GB // G5J-2x160 // $799.95 // Stock
Dealers may purchase WiebeTech products from WiebeTech's distributor, www.drbott.com. End users may purchase from www.smalldog.com, or www.pcmall.com, or www.macmall.com. Government customers are encouraged to purchase from www.pcmallgov.com. Canadian resellers may purchase WiebeTech products from EMJ (www.emj.ca) All configurations are in stock and are also available directly from www.wiebetech.com.
Dr Rawstock provides direct sales and configuration support of high end WiebeTech products to the Motion Picture industry. Their website is www.drrawstock.com and they maintain a complete demonstration and sales facility at their headquarters in Hollywood, CA.
WiebeTech LLC was founded in July 2000 by James Wiebe and has focused on marketing high performance, highly portable storage solutions.
For more information visit www.wiebetech.com.
Related Keywords:WiebeTech, G5Jam, G5, Hitachi, Serial ATA, James Wiebe, www.drbott.com, Dr Rawstock,