|Page (1) of 1 - 12/06/11||email article||print page|
WebLayers Names Top 10 Software Glitches of 2011(December 06, 2011)
CAMBRIDGE, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/06/11 -- Computer glitches have wreaked havoc across the globe this year, with heavy consequences. Unclaimed tax revenue, stolen government secrets and loss of company revenue are just a few of the after-effects of software failure. And no one is immune. Software glitches have hit everyone from individuals to global corporations RIM and Sony to the U.S. and UK governments. WebLayers, the leading provider of automated software governance tools, names the top ten software glitches of 2011.
1. Millions of RIM BlackBerry Users Lose Service
2. Software glitch costs UK tax office millions in lost revenue
3. Amazon's cloud collapses
4. Hacker attacks Sony Playstation Network account holders
5. Citigroup customers' information breached
6. Pentagon details major cyberattack
7. Computer glitch sets 450 highly dangerous prisoners free
8. Mercedes-Benz cars recalls 137,000 SUVs
9. More than 400,000 UK organ donation details stored incorrectly
10. Bug allows HP printers to be remotely hacked
WebLayers' automated, cross platform governance framework improves software quality, helping organizations to ensure against damaging software glitches, reduce costs, and speed the development and deployment of applications from the cloud to the handset. Learn more at www.weblayers.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: IT governance, IT policy management, WebSphere MQ, SOA quality, USA, Marketwire, , Sony, HP, Games,