|Page (1) of 1 - 03/04/08||email article||print page|
WebAssist Partners with CSS guru Eric Meyer to Offer Pre-Release Trial of Web Layout Tool for Microsoft Expression WebEric Meyer`s CSS Sculptor, created in collaboration with WebAssist, makes it easy for users of Microsoft Expression Web to cr (March 04, 2008)
Modern Web design increasingly demands page layout rely on Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for better cross-browser compatibility and user accessibility. Creating proper CSS-based layouts that are cross-browser compatible is a daunting task for even an accomplished Web professional?Eric Meyers CSS Sculptor for Expression Web is the answer.
* CSS Sculptor gives Web designers and developers alike the best of both worlds: a solid CSS-based layout foundation and total customizable control. Once a layout is selected, the user can change any aspect of it, including page width and browser window position. Additional columns can be added to the left or right of the main content area; likewise, headers and footers can be included or omitted with a single checkbox click.
* CSS Sculptor features a unique user interface element that displays the structure of the CSS markup in a tree-like control. Extension users can select any layout component in the layout tree, such as body or header, to define specific properties. The six-tabbed interface of CSS Sculptor allows users to quickly set just the properties they need and create the desired page.
* CSS Sculptor includes 30 of the most common Web page layouts which can be easily modified in every aspect of CSS control, including page positioning, margins, fonts, and background images. Additionally, CSS Sculptor automatically creates a print style sheet for every design.
* By taking advantage of the inherent power of Expression Webs extensibility API, WebAssist created a sleek and responsive user experience, with CSS changes applied automatically to the built-in preview.
* Layouts can be stored as custom presets and organized in the CSS Sculptor Layout Manager. Preset can be re-opened to be regenerated or for further customization. Furthermore, designers can export their layouts, complete with background images, which can be imported on any other system running CSS Sculptor.
?We are pleased to add CSS Sculptor for Expression Web to the growing family of third-party components adding value to Microsoft Expression Web, said Wayne Smith, Group Product Manager for Expression Studio at Microsoft Corp. ?Effectively utilizing CSS is typically an obstacle for our users. Through its seamless compatibility with Expression Web, this tool tackles the obstacles associated with CSS head-on, making it approachable and usable for users of all skill sets.
?We are providing the CSS Sculptor to help Expression Web designers master the complexity of creating Web standards compliant CSS-based layouts, said Eric Meyer, an internationally recognized HTML, CSS, and Web standards expert and author. ?I worked closely with WebAssist to create a tool that gives Web designers both CSS power and flexibility.
?Erics vision and years of expertise in CSS is integrated directly into the CSS Sculptor, said Hieu Bui, President WebAssist. ?CSS Sculptor helps users accomplish very powerful CSS layouts by helping them overcome obstacles and removing complexity. Erics included CSS comments help new users understand how the page is structured and can be turned off when no longer needed.
Eric Meyers CSS Sculptor for Expression Web pre-release trial is available for free download. It will retail for $99.99 at www.webassist.com/go/expression/sculptor <http://www.webassist.com/go/expression/sculptor> . CSS Sculptor is compatible with the Microsoft Expression Web 1.0 and upcoming 2.0 platforms.
About Eric Meyer
ERIC MEYER has been working with the web since late 1993 and is an internationally recognized expert on the subjects of HTML, CSS, and Web standards. A widely read author, he is the founder of Complex Spiral Consulting, which counts among its clients America On-Line; Apple Computer, Inc.; Wells Fargo Bank; and Macromedia, who described Eric as ?a critical partner in our efforts to transform Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 into a revolutionary tool for CSS-based design.
About Webassist.com Corporation
WebAssist enables designers and developers to Do More on the Web with market-leading plug-ins for the Adobe and Microsoft platforms. WebAssist also provides best of breed products and services that empower businesses to realize a greater return on their technology investments. WebAssist hosts a thriving community with over 200,000 members registered and partners with industry leaders such as Adobe, eBay, and Google. For further details please visit: www.webassist.com/go/expression/sculptor <http://www.webassist.com/go/expression/sculptor> .
Aaron Wessels, Press Contact
Point-Blank Communications for WebAssist
# # #
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Related Keywords:expression web, web development, web design, webassist, css, eric meyer
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved