|Page (1) of 1 - 11/12/10||email article||print page|
Watch Top Action Sports Events and More Live on Free "Vans Live" App"Vans Live" Kicks Off With the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing This Friday and Is an Ongoing Portal for All Vans Events (November 12, 2010)
CYPRESS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/10 -- Witness the world's top action sports athletes and events live -- anytime, anywhere -- on the free "Vans Live" app for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch available for download at http://www.vans.com/apps/. Starting with the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the pinnacle of big wave surfing at Oahu's famed North Shore, "Vans Live" brings you top action sports events as they happen and will be a continuous portal for all Vans events across the boardsports world as well as Vans music and art happenings.
"Vans Live" kicks off with the 28th Vans Triple Crown of Surfing presented by Rockstar Energy Drink on Friday, November 12, and enables surf fans to watch top-ranked pros such as Kelly Slater, Jordy Smith, Mick Fanning, Dane Reynolds and many more vie for the coveted Vans Triple Crown of Surfing title ending with the showdown at the infamous Banzai Pipeline. Vans also debuts a daily pre-event morning show, "The Call," airing each day at 7:45 am HST and offering live web coverage of the series including latest news, highlights and happenings. Viewers can watch the "The Call" through "Vans Live" app or at www.vanstriplecrownofsurfing.com.
"Vans Live" App Features for the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing:
- Live Appcast: Each Vans Triple Crown of Surfing event streamed live in low and high bandwidth with dynamic heat scores for all six Triple Crown contests: Reef Hawaiian Pro (Men's), Cholo's Hawaiian Pro (Women's), O'Neill World Cup of Surfing (Men's), Gidget Pro (Women's), Billabong Pipe Masters (Men's) and Vans Duel for the Jewel (Women's)
- Daily Morning Show: Tune in to "The Call" every morning at 7:45am HST for a live, pre-event morning show that will bring you up to speed on all the latest news, highlights and happenings every day of the series. "The Call" will air 15 minute segments during "on" days and 30 minute segments "off" days
- Photos: Live ASP photo feed by event with new images refreshed throughout the day
- Videos: Daily event highlights, highest scoring rides, rider interviews, North Shore behind the scenes and more
- News: Daily news updates on the competition, competitors, conditions, outstanding performances/best rides and anything else noteworthy for the day
- Forecasts: Daily surf report, conditions and swell forecast "powered by Surfline"
- Results: View results by heat, including upcoming heat draws
- Push Alerts: Be the first to find out when the event is live and don't miss a minute of the action
- Wave-by-wave coverage: Led by veteran commentator Dave Stanfield and his seasoned North Shore crew
Stay tuned for more info on Vans events slated to stream on "Vans Live" in 2011.
Vans, the original action sports footwear and apparel company, is a brand of VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC). Vans collections include authentic footwear, apparel and accessories, snowboard boots and the Pro-tec line of protective gear and are sold in the United States through more than 230 company owned stores as well as independent retailers. Internationally, Vans sells its goods in approximately 70 countries through a network of subsidiaries, distributors and foreign offices. Vans promotes action sports lifestyle and youth culture through support of athletes on boards and bikes all over the globe and through progressive events such as the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing®, the Vans Downtown Showdown, the Pro-tec Pool Party and the Vans Warped Tour®.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1421929
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Surfing Vans Triple Crown Action Sports App iPhone iPad iPod Touch Webcast North Shore Pipeline , USA, Marketwire, Avid (protools, softimage, pinnacle, etc), Apple Computer, Music, Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Sports,