News: Page (1) of 1 - 02/03/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook

W.Va. city wasn't told about system's installation

W.Va. mayor says city wasn't told about installation of system that leaked deadly fumes By The Associated Press

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) ' South Charleston's mayor says a ventilation system at a hotel that leaked deadly carbon monoxide poisoning wasn't inspected because the city didn't know it had been installed.

Mayor Frank Mullens tells the Charleston Daily Mail (http://bit.ly/AeefuV ) the city was never informed of the work. He says there's no record of a licensed contractor getting a permit to install the system.

The leak Tuesday killed a Rhode Island construction worker and sickened others at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites.



Officials say a pipe attached to a heating unit on the hotel's indoor pool came apart, allowing deadly carbon monoxide fumes to escape.

___

Information from: Charleston Daily Mail, http://www.dailymail.com


Page: 1


Related Keywords:Hotel Death,Municipal governments,Local governments,Government and politics

[ServletException in:/common/ads/links.jsp] Unable to load class for JSP'

Our Privacy Policy --- @ Copyright, 2015 Digital Media Online, All Rights Reserved