|Page (1) of 1 - 01/31/06||email article||print page|
Vue xStream for 3DS Max and Maya Releasede-on software ships integrated environment solution (January 31, 2006)
e-on software, the leading developer of natural 3D environment solutions, announced the immediate availability of the much anticipated Vue 5 xStream plug-ins for 3ds max and Maya. Vue 5 xStream is a suite of plug-ins that enable the seamless integration of Vue environments into Autodesk 3DS Max and Maya projects (plug-ins for LightWave, Cinema 4D and XSI are underway).
Vue 5 xStream: Streamlining Vue Integration.
"Vue 5 xStream is our response to the request from CGFX studios for a streamlined solution to integrate Vue environments into their production pipeline. Thanks to xStream, studios can now efficiently reap the benefits of Vue's dedicated natural environment toolkit," said Nicholas Phelps, president of e-on software.
Vue 5 xStream is available for 3DS Max 7 and higher and Maya 6 and higher (Windows 2000/XP only, a Mac OS X version will be available Q2 2006), and is compatible with 3ds Max's MentalRay and Maya Software and MentalRay renderers.
Vue 5 xStream retails at $495. Additional xStream render nodes can be purchased separately for $99 each. Educational licenses are available at $159. A special "xStream Bundle" including Vue 5 Infinite and Vue 5 xStream is also available for $995. (Discounts are available for large quantity orders, contact us for more information).
XStream plug-ins will also be available through Autodesk's Sparks and Conductors third party programs.
"Vue 5 Infinite simplifies the creation of complex animated environments. The Vue 5 xStream and Infinite combo is a wonderful addition to Autodesk users' production tool sets," said Michel Besner, Senior Director of 3D Product Management for Autodesk's Media & Entertainment Division.
For more information on Vue 5 xStream, please visit http://www.e- onsoftware.com/xstream
What you can expect from the xStream plugins:
* Vue 5 xStream bridges the gap between e-on software's acclaimed Vue natural 3D environment software and the industry's leading 3D applications.
* Vue 5 xStream streamlines integration by effectively eliminating any need for import/export or compositing processes.
* Open any Vue 5 Infinite scene directly inside Maya/Max.
* Blend native objects and animations with the Vue environments, with full 2-way mutual shadow casting, reflection, refraction and lighting.
* Render everything in a single pass with Maya Mental Ray, Maya software renderer and Max Mental Ray.
* Get the best of both worlds. Combine the power of your favorite application with Vue's unique capabilities, like the revolutionary EcoSystem technology, the ability to animate entire forests with wind and breeze, SolidGrowth vegetation, terrains with infinite levels of detail, volumetric atmospheres and procedural multi- materials.
* Create and edit Vue environments directly in Maya/Max with the xStream interface. No need to re-save, re-load or re-import.
 Requires a separate license of Vue 5 Infinite.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of high quality solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments. With products specifically targeted for the different market segments, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, education and entertainment industries. E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge technologies that significantly improve usability and workflow. E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with a European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
Related Keywords:Vue xStream, 3DS Max, Maya, e-on software, Autodesk, LightWave, Cinema 4D, XSI, CGFX, MentalRay, renderers, SolidGrowth,