|Page (1) of 1 - 03/01/12||email article||print page|
Vocre Expands Globally; Adopts Freemium Business Model(March 01, 2012)
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) March 01, 2012
Vocre voh-krey, the instant language translation app that launched last fall at the highly-competitive TechCrunch Disrupt Battlefield event, winning Best Mobile App and Audience Choice Award, has released its first major update for all iOS mobile devices. No longer relegated to just the U.S. App store, version 1.1 now supports 23 languages from 22 countries making the app accessible on a global scale.
Vocre has quickly established itself as the premium translation company for the 21st Century. Competitors like Rosetta Stone are increasingly fading into irrelevance, being outpaced by the innovation, accuracy, and automation afforded by Vocre.
Globetrotters, or just those learning a new language, no longer need to settle for 'good enough' with Googles inferior translation app now that everyone has access to the very best with Vocres freemium offering.
The market has spoken and we listened Vocre is now 100% free, said Andrew Lauder, founder and CEO. The freemium business model is a proven one, favored by consumers and investors alike. Weve worked really hard to make this possible, and look forward to seeing the app being adopted by users from around the planet. The updates afforded by the release of 1.1 offer many enhanced features, in addition to the ever-increasing accuracy of Vocre, which improves with every translation.
The award-winning app is an advanced communications tool that services an increasingly demanding market eager to communicate globally and instantly. The enhanced version of the app dramatically improves upon the user experience and pricing, after listening attentively to feedback from its community.
Vocre 1.1 updates include:
- Vocre is now completely FREE.
- New "Tabletop / Split-Screen" mode allowing users to have a face-to-face conversation by simply tapping the record button and then speaking. Whether having casual conversation at a corner café, or negotiating a complex business transaction in a conference room, the app can sit on the table enabling live language translation between the parties, half of the screen facing each person.
- 23 languages are available, featuring Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese), Danish, Dutch, English (Australia, United Kingdom, United States), French (Canada, France), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Russian, Spanish (Mexico, Spain, United States), and Swedish.
- Upon download, simple tutorials are available to assist first-time users in mastering Vocre's usage.
- Added optional "stop recording" button for use in a noisy environment.
- Simplified rotation-mode accelerometer (interview style) and manual text correction functionality.
- Crowdsourced translations for improving accuracy of semantic meaning, correct idioms, grammar and word order usage.
Vocre is the latest product from myLanguage, which boasts a rapidly growing user-base, now approaching two million users, and has regularly been featured as the premiere language translation solution on the Apple App store.
The Vocre App is available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It can be found and downloaded following this link: http://www.vocre.com
About myLanguage, Inc.
myLanguage is the fast-growing mobile language translation and learning community. With millions of downloads and more than 45 million unique translations provided to date, myLanguage is changing language translation and learning with applications that are fun, engaging and practical. Learn more about Vocre, myLanguage Phrasebooks and myLanguage Translator at http://www.myLanguage.me
myLanguage is a registered trademark of myLanguage, Inc. myLanguage Phrasebooks, myLanguage Translator, the myLanguage logo are trademarks of myLanguage, Inc. Vocre is a trademark of myLanguage, Inc.
Apple, iPod, iPhone, iTunes and the Apple App store are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Corporation.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9245227.htm.
Related Keywords:internet,computing and information technology,satellite technology,wireless technology,science and technology,technology (general),identification technology,agricultural research and technology,consumer goods,consumer issue,consumer confidence,consumer issue,tourism and leisure,lifestyle and leisure,tourism,travel and commuting,lifestyle (house and home),computing and information technology,satellite technology,wireless technology,company information,science and technology,technology (general),identification technology,agricultural research and technology,economy, business and finance,financial and business service,business enterprises,