|Page (1) of 1 - 03/24/10||email article||print page|
Vivido Launches the Mowego Mobile Platform and Broad Suite of Mobile Enterprise Business ApplicationsMowego Powers Mobile Workforce and Enables Enterprises to Extend Functionality Beyond SAP (March 24, 2010)
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/24/10 -- Vivido, a leading enterprise mobility solutions provider, today announced that it has launched more than 40 mobile business applications and expects to have a repository numbering more than 200 applications on its Mowego mobile enterprise application platform within the next 12-18 months. The Mowego platform, representing the new generation of enterprise mobile business solutions, is designed to support a multi-device environment and enables remote workforces to extend functionality beyond SAP and mesh with other data, applications, and smartphone functionality by focusing on ease of use, transparency, and productivity.
Research shows the number of people using mobile working technologies across the globe is set to pass the one billion mark this year. Forecasts from market intelligence firm IDC have suggested that nearly 1.2 billion people, more than a third of the world's total workforce, will participate in flexible working policies by 2013.
By enabling mobile connectivity for the enterprise and their workforce, Mowego empowers business anytime, anywhere and is designed specifically to extend SAP in addition to other back-end enterprise systems. The Mowego suite of mobile applications are focused on key business processes that benefit mobile employees across many departments and industries, and have been developed to be installed on a variety of smartphone platforms including BlackBerry, iPhone, and Google Android with others coming soon.
By bringing the power and productivity of SAP enterprise applications to the Mowego platform in a similarly robust and very user-friendly manner, mobile workforce users are now able to operate freely and in real-time on SAP, no longer tethered to their desktops or offices in order to perform their jobs.
"Mobility will do more to expand the usage and value of enterprise business applications than the Internet did in the 90s," said Greg Tomb, chief executive officer of Vivido. "Every company that has invested in SAP is looking for ways to increase returns on this major investment, to increase end-user adoption, and increase user productivity. The Mowego suite of mobile applications allows us to deliver instant value to our customers in just weeks because they have already made their major investment in SAP and mobile infrastructure. Our mobile applications become an immediate boost that allows the mobile workforce and the enterprise to make decisions faster, respond to customers, and ease the pain of daily business while on the move. This is REAL, real-time business."
With an extensive line-up of mobile apps including categories dedicated to sales, field services, time and expense entry, procurement, asset management, inventory management, human resources, business intelligence, compliance, sustainability and employee productivity, a sampling of the new Mowego offerings include:
- Mowego Expense Management: The Mowego Expense Management application allows users to view, create, and update expense reports using their mobile devices. Users can even leverage their smartphone to take a picture of their receipts and attach them to the expense eliminating the need for paper receipts. This application will make it easier for the mobile workforce to enter and manage their expense reimbursements and provides companies with significant productivity by eliminating paper expense reports and receipts.
- Mowego Time Management: The Mowego Time Management application enables employees to manage their time reporting anytime, anywhere. This application enables them to quickly and efficiently log time whether it is billable or non-billable.
- Mowego Emergency Notification: The Mowego Emergency Notification Application assists in identifying employees that may have been impacted by an emergency, e.g. earthquake, hurricane, fire, etc. The Human Resource team can quickly locate the disaster impact area on a map and identify those employees who need to be contacted based upon their home/office address and their last known mobile phone location. The employees can be sent a notification informing them of the disaster with directions, as well asking them to contact an emergency hotline or reply via email to confirm their well being.
- Mowego Sales Forecasting: The Mowego Sales Forecasting application provides sales reps the ability to provide unit and revenue forecasting information for company defined time periods. The sales employee can view actual sales history from SAP by customer, product, amount sold and see actual-forecast variance for recent time periods.
- Mowego Purchase Requisition Approval: The Mowego Purchase Requisition Approval application provides the user with the capability to review all pending purchase approvals via their smartphone. The user can therefore review and address these approvals in a more timely and efficient manner.
According to Sam Sliman, president of Optimal Solutions, a customer of Mowego's mobile applications, "On any given day, Optimal has over 500 consultants on the road. We chose the Mowego Mobile Time and Expense applications because they allow our consultants to record their time and expenses at anytime and from any location, quickly and easily. Mowego supports our multi-device environment of BlackBerry phones and iPhones, and the Mowego architecture allows us to run these applications in the cloud, yet connect with our backend SAP system in real-time."
Founded in 2009 by former SAP NA CEO, Greg Tomb, Vivido Labs, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility solutions provider, aids clients in maximizing the value received from an investment in SAP and other enterprise applications.
Vivido Labs focuses on: Vivido Expert Services and Vivido Mobility Products. The Vivido Mowego line of mobile enterprise business applications are designed and developed by Vivido Labs with a primary focus on providing enterprises with extended value from their backend business system investments with a focus on usability and productivity. The Mowego platform and applications are designed to work across multiple major smart phone platforms and devices.
Trier and Company for Vivido
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Vivido , Internet,Communications,Digital Audio,Web,Smart Phone,PDA,iPods,iphone,Search,Applications,Research,Asset Management,Google,EMail,Sales,Applications,Human Resources,Sales & Marketing,asset management,Productivity Applications,Internet,Business Issues,Software Development,Other Applications,Architecture,Internet Server Applications,E-mail,IT Management,Platforms,Management,Human Resources,Sales,CEO/CFO,Human Resources,Sales,Internet/Web,Business,Internet,EMail,PDA/Smartphone,Marketwire, Inc.,IT (Information Technology),Enterprise Applications,Apple Computer,Communications Technology,Internet Technology,Geology,Meteorology,Business,Internet,Email,disaster,Other,