|Page (1) of 1 - 04/17/12||email article||print page|
Virsto Software Extends Windows Server Hyper-V With Superior Storage Utilization, Performance and ProvisioningVirsto Ships Virsto 2.5 for Windows Server Hyper-V (April 17, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 04/17/12 -- MICROSOFT MANAGEMENT SUMMIT 2012 - Virsto® Software, the leading provider of storage hypervisor software, today announced that it is shipping Virsto 2.5 for Windows Server Hyper-V. The new product allows users to increase existing physical storage utilization by up to 90 percent, to accelerate virtual machine (VM) provisioning and management by up to 99 percent, and to reduce the cost of storage in virtual environments by up to 70 percent.
With the release of Virsto 2.5 for Windows Server Hyper-V, Virsto delivers a 100 percent software storage abstraction layer with advanced storage capabilities directly to Hyper-V, extending the benefits of virtualization beyond the server and transforming Hyper-V into a storage hypervisor.
Virsto 2.5 for Windows Server Hyper-V provides customers with a suite of capabilities that fundamentally reduces the cost and complexity of storage in virtualized environments by improving storage utilization and performance, while delivering VM storage self-provisioning, automated storage space reclamation and high-performance thin provisioning. New product features include:
- Enhanced VMM support: Virsto now delivers enhanced support for Hyper-V and the Microsoft Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) by provisioning Virsto vDisks within the existing VMM GUI and workflow. No scripting, seamless integration, 90 percent more storage utilization. Private and public cloud implementations can use this capability to enable instant self-service VM provisioning at extremely low cost.
- Bulk VM provisioning wizards: Virsto's one-click VM provisioning option enables provisioning of the highest performance VHDs for new virtual machines in seconds -- not 20 minutes per VM that normal provisioning requires.
- Seamless backup and recovery: Virsto integrates transparently with Microsoft Data Protection Manager (DPM) and Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) functions to give customers seamless, automated backup and recovery.
- Advanced tiering for solid state and rotating storage: Virsto supports up to four distinct storage tiers, providing the most flexibility to manage business priorities, QoS, and costs for any hardware, allowing IT organizations to optimally utilize SSD, Fibre Channel, SAS, and SATA disks.
- Systems Center Operations Manager Management Pack: Virsto offers a new Systems Center Operations Manager Management (SCOM) pack that takes integration with Windows Server Hyper-V to the next level. Customers can deploy Virsto while they continue to manage the Hyper-V environment within native workflows.
"Virsto has been a significant Microsoft Hyper-V partner for years. Virsto 2.5 for Windows Server Hyper-V delivers added value to System Center, with additional tools that help businesses create, manage and monitor a dynamic storage environment and reap the full benefits of their infrastructure investments. Virsto continues to deliver differentiated features and functionality to Hyper-V R2 today and will to the Hyper-V R3 platform when it ships with Windows 8."
-- Mark Davis, CEO, Virsto
"As Windows Server Hyper-V increasingly becomes the virtualization solution of choice for strategic workloads in the enterprise, customers look to Microsoft's partners to offer differentiated solutions that fill specific needs. Companies like Virsto extend Windows Server Hyper-V to deliver additional benefits in virtual machine storage provisioning, VM performance and storage space efficiency, helping Microsoft deliver differentiated value to its customers."
-- Mike Schultz, senior director, Windows Server and Virtualization, Microsoft
Editor's note: If you plan to attend the Microsoft Management Summit 2012, taking place in Las Vegas on April 16-20, please visit Virsto's booth, #615.
Tweet This: Virsto Ships Virsto 2.5 for Windows Server Hyper-V #storage #hypervisor #Hyper-V http://bit.ly/IIhIkx #storage #virtualization
Virsto Software delivers the industry's first VM-centric storage hypervisor, changing the economics of storage in virtualized environments. Virsto improves storage utilization by up to 90 percent, increases performance by up to 10x, and accelerates VM storage provisioning by more than 99 percent. Virsto reduces the cost and complexity of storage for VDI, test and development, tier I application virtualization, cloud computing and other virtualization initiatives. Founded in 2007, Virsto is backed by leading Silicon Valley venture firms. For more information, visit www.virsto.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Virsto Software, Storage, Virtualization, VDI, hypervisor, Hyper-V, MMS, Microsoft, SSD, Windows, Marketwire, , Shipping, Business, Other,