|Page (1) of 1 - 02/08/12||email article||print page|
Virgin HealthMiles Releases New HealthMiles Dash Mobile App; Whenever/Wherever Access to HealthMiles Program Portal for Employees on the GoNew App Makes It Even Easier for Employees to Stay Engaged on Path to Good Health (February 08, 2012)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/12 -- Virgin HealthMiles members are always on the go -- and now, so is the program that keeps them engaged and motivated to move. Today, Virgin HealthMiles introduced its new mobile app, HealthMiles Dash. The HealthMiles Dash mobile app turns members' iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® devices into a training partner that has all the HealthMiles features they depend on to keep them moving, including the LifeZone® web portal and the GoZone® pedometer. With the HealthMiles Dash mobile app, members can track their activity using their iPhone, record and monitor biometric and activity progress, join challenges and get real-time updates on standings, and get instant motivation from their social connections.
"Virgin HealthMiles is all about making our solutions as convenient, accessible and easy-to-use as possible. That philosophy is at the heart of everything we do and a key reason our engagement rates are more than three times the industry average," said Tom Abshire, senior vice president of marketing and member engagement for Virgin HealthMiles. "Getting healthy and tracking progress can be hard work, especially for people who travel or who aren't in front of computers most of the day. But data shows most people are never farther than three feet from their smartphones, 24/7. Our new HealthMiles Dash mobile app provides employers with yet another way to engage their employees. The app puts all the power of the HealthMiles program in the palms of our members' hands to keep them engaged and on track, no matter where they may be."
With Virgin HealthMiles' Dash mobile app, members can:
- Track Activity. When their GoZone pedometers or other HealthMiles-compatible activity tracking devices aren't handy, members can use the HealthMiles Dash mobile app and the iPhone's built-in accelerometer to track their activity. The app syncs their session to their Virgin HealthMiles account, providing members with another convenient and easy-to-use device that lets them track validated activity and earn rewards.
- Record Results. Members can manually add their weight and blood pressure to HealthMiles Dash and the app will calculate their BMI to keep them up to date on key biometric measures. Members can also manually add their activity and duration to discover calories they've burned.
- Track Progress. Members can view daily summaries or view measurement and activity graphs to track their health progress over time. They'll also see rewards they've earned and those still up for grabs.
- Join Challenges. With the HealthMiles Dash mobile app, members can accept the latest challenge, join a team, view participants and then keep track of the standings in real-time throughout the challenge duration.
- Get Peer-to-Peer Support and Motivation. If employers have enabled Virgin HealthMiles' Connections social platform, their participating employees can use the HealthMiles Dash mobile app to connect with their community, post or comment on the news feed and motivate others in real-time, no matter their location.
The HealthMiles Dash mobile app is available free of charge to Virgin HealthMiles members on the iTunes® App Store(SM). Learn more about the Virgin HealthMiles Dash app at http://us.virginhealthmiles.com/resources/Pages/Dash_MobileApp.aspx.
About Virgin HealthMiles
Virgin HealthMiles, part of Sir Richard Branson's famed Virgin Group, provides programs and technologies that engage your workforce in good health. We offer a range of solutions and program integration capabilities that help employers drive higher awareness and engagement, and better measurement and insight into the impact of all your employee health investments. Our Pay-for-Prevention programs, based on physical activity and healthy lifestyle change, attract an average of 50 percent of employees who participate, which helps organizations reduce medical costs and improve employee productivity and satisfaction. Over 130 industry leaders representing more than 700,000 employees across the U.S. have selected Virgin HealthMiles' award-winning programs for their employees. For more information, visit www.virginhealthmiles.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: corporate wellness, employee wellness, wellness incentives, workplace wellness, wellness benefits, Audio/Sound, Internet, IPod, Communications, Digital Audio, Movies & Music, Web, Smart Phone, iPods, iphone, Training, USA, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Other,