|Page (1) of 1 - 01/15/13||email article||print page|
Viator.com Unveils the Top 10 Activities in the Caribbean(January 15, 2013)
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) January 15, 2013
Bucket lists were made for the Caribbean: from adrenaline junkies looking for their next daring adventure to nature lovers hoping to spot a group of frolicking dolphins, theres something for everyone. To help travelers determine which items to cross off their lost-in-paradise bucket list this year, Viator.com the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide has combined traveler reviews, bookings and data from millions of travelers who visited Viator.com last year to compile the 2012 Viator Travel Awards: Caribbean Edition.
Below are the top 10 things to do, and suggestions for how to do them, in the most popular and exciting places to visit in the Caribbean:
1. Zipline through the Jungle: The Caribbean offers some of the worlds best ziplining thanks to its high trees, rainforests and thick treetop canopies. Adrenaline junkies will be thrilled by the Zipline Canopy Eco-Adventure from San Juan, Puerto Rico and the Zipline and Horseback Riding Combination Tour in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.
2. Set Sail at Sunset: What could be better than watching the sun setting over the teal and turquoise waters of the Caribbean? Travelers can sail the warm and calm seas on the Aruba Sunset Catamaran Cruise or excite their sense of taste with a Grand Cayman Catamaran Dinner Cruise.
3. Get below the surface - snorkel: Caribbean beauty descends below the softly breaking waves, and snorkelers can pet and play with stingrays on the Grand Cayman Stingray City adventure or kiss a dolphin, rub its belly and get pulled along through the water on a Grand Cayman Dolphin Swim Adventure.
4. Hike through the Rainforest: Some Caribbean islands such as Puerto Rico have their own rainforest, and the El Yunque Rainforest Half Day Trip from San Juan lets nature lovers get up close and personal with the habitats unique vegetation and animals.
5. Go on a Jungle Safari: Take the Caribbean road less-traveled to parts of the Caribbean ripe with lush trees, wildlife and gorgeous vistas during the Dominican Republic Mega Truck Safari, while the Curacao North Shore Jeep Safari gives travelers a chance to see lizards, wild pigs and flamingos.
6. Go Whale or Dolphin Watching: Small and colorful tropical fish and sea turtles arent the only species to call the waters of the Caribbean home. Nature lovers will enjoy watching dolphins and whales in their home habitat on the Whale Watching and Dolphin Spotting Cruise from the North Island.
7. Sip Some Island Drinks: Caribbean locals are passionate and dedicated to their homegrown drinks, especially their rum. To get the flavor of the locals love, vacationers in Puerto Rico can take the Rum Distillery and Old San Juan Half-Day Tour, which takes them through the world of Bacardi, the largest rum distillery. Those looking to drink the rum more than tour how its made will enjoy the Bermuda Rum Cruise.
8. Take a Cruise: The Caribbean is as much about the sea as it is about the island. Travelers can experience speeding over the water and get the chance to feed iguanas on a private island on the Exuma Powerboat Adventure from Nassau, Bahamas. Adventurous travelers will enjoy exploring a volcano on the St. Lucia Catamaran Day Sail.
9. Hit the Beach in a Dune Buggy or ATV: A fun, adventurous and memorable time on land is possible with a selection of tropical dune buggy and ATV adventures, from the San Juan ATV Adventure Tour, the Jamaica ATV Off-Road Adventure to Sandy Bay, and the Punta Cana Half-Day Dune Buggy Adventure.
10. Search for Waterfalls: The Caribbean is home to many beautiful waterfalls and the Jamaica Combo Tour: Dunns River Falls and Bob Marleys Nine Mile combines extra sites for travelers to see in addition to swimming at the Falls. Travelers can also visit waterfalls as part of a day tour that covers much of a city or area, such as the Santiago and Jarabacoa Waterfalls in the Dominican Republic.
Travelers can take inspiration from the full list of the Top 25 Things to Do in the Caribbean on the Viator Travel Blog. For more travel ideas as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news, follow the company on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator® is the worlds leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 10,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator the Latin word for traveler offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as more than 350,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viators in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, the Viator Shore Excursions website, local language sites for European, Latin American and Asian markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the worlds largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10324380.htm.
Related Keywords:food, beverage, food, food safety, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, internet, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, , tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism, travel and commuting, lifestyle (house and home), plastic art, internet, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, health and beauty product, health, health treatment, health organisations, government health care, private health care, , health and safety at work, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), health insurance, internet, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue