|Page (1) of 1 - 05/31/12||email article||print page|
Viator.com Unveils 10 Top Destinations for Summer 2012(May 31, 2012)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 31, 2012
Viators Facebook fans have spoken. Earlier this year, the team at Viator.com the leading resource for researching and booking more than 10,000 tours and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries asked their Facebook fans to vote on what the most popular travel destinations would be in 2012. Based on their feedback, Viator has compiled a list of hot summer travel spots, from big cities rich in history and culture to those with unique attractions and amazing natural attributes, with a few suggestions on the best things to do in each.
1. New York City A perennial favorite, New York is one of the worlds most exciting places to visit, with top attractions including Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park and the Empire State Building. Viators One Day Sightseeing Tour includes visits to more than 20 key landmarks, and the Experience New York: Watch a Baseball Game with a Yankees Legend in a Luxury Suite provides an only in New York treat.
2. London Another best-loved city, London is this years hottest urban summer destination for arts, culture and sports, with the Queens Diamond Jubilee, the Summer Olympic Games and more. Fans of Harry Potter can get a behind-the-scenes look at the magical world of Harry and his friends on Viators Warner Bros. Studio Tour London The Making of Harry Potter.
3. Paris One of the most stylish and romantic cities in the world, Paris continues to seduce and summon lovers of food, fashion, architecture and all things French. A romantic horse and carriage ride provides a unique tour of top attractions including the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysses.
4. Las Vegas Americas glitziest city is ideal for travelers looking to add bling to their summer vacation, and Viators Las Vegas Power Pass provides free entry to some of the most exciting tours and attractions. The Grand Canyon All American Helicopter Tour, a Viator fan favorite, offers an exhilarating view of the Vegas Strip, the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam and more.
5. Rome Bustling, sexy and dramatic, Rome has long captured the hearts and minds of travelers the world over. Viator offers skip the line access to many top attractions, including the Vatican, Colosseum and St. Peters Basilica, or travelers can head into the surrounding countryside on a one-day sightseeing tour of Tuscany.
6. Sydney It may be winter Down Under, but that doesnt deter Viator fans from visiting Sydney a city that boasts more than 340 days of sunshine per year. Whale watching is ideal during the months of May to October, and Viators Whale-Watching Cruise is sure to delight.
7. Barcelona A Gothic and Modernist marvel on the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona is quirky, cosmopolitan and effortlessly cool and Viator fans cant get enough! A one day sightseeing tour combines the best of Barcelona and a walking tour of famous tapas hot spots takes the exploration to some hidden treasures.
8. Venice Venice has been attracting world travelers for centuries, who continue to be drawn to its waterways, festivals, art and architecture. Every form of transportation floats, and Viators Gondola Ride and Serenade captures the magic of the city. Those looking to see the exquisite grandeur of the nearby Dolomites will enjoy Viators small group day trip from Venice.
9. San Francisco Whats not to love about San Francisco? From the Golden Gate Bridge to Alcatraz, the hilly streets to the laidback west coast vibe, theres something for everyone. And, nearby Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries as well as Yosemite National Park and its giant sequoias are both a day trip away.
10. Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro may be famous for sparkling costumes of Carnival, white sandy beaches, and sultry samba rhythms, but theres much more including historic neighborhoods, compelling architecture and exhilarating nature. Viators half-day walking tour of Rio provides a feeling for the citys legends and history, and a hiking tour of the Tijuca Rain Forest offers an up-close-and-personal experience with monkeys, birds and other local wildlife.
For additional travel inspiration this summer, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news, visit the Viator Travel Blog as well as Viators Facebook and Twitter pages.
Viator® is the worlds leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 10,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator the Latin word for traveler offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as more than 300,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viators in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, local language sites for European, Latin American and Asian markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the worlds largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9560788.htm.
Related Keywords:internet, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, , health and beauty product, health, health treatment, health organisations, government health care, private health care, , health and safety at work, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), health insurance, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism,