|Page (1) of 1 - 06/24/11||email article||print page|
Viator Reveals Top 10 July Fourth Travel Destinations and Deals(June 24, 2011)
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) June 24, 2011
With July 4 falling on a Monday this year, theres an opportunity not to be overlooked for a long weekend getaway in celebration of Americas birthday. Those who havent made travel plans yet can still find plenty of bargains, as Viator the leading resource for nearly 9,000 tours and activities in 750 destinations in 150 countries today unveiled the 10 best travel deals and destinations for celebrating independence at the last minute.
Sometimes the best things do come to those who wait, and travelers who havent made plans yet for the July 4th holiday weekend will find many bargains on last-minute tours and activities at Viator.com, said Ms. Barrie Seidenberg, president and CEO of Viator Inc. The best deals include time-honored patriotic festivities such as firework displays and tours of historic monuments and most can be booked up to the last minute using Viators new travel apps for the iPhone and iPad.
According to Viator, the top 10 destinations with the best deals to celebrate the July 4th holiday weekend include:
1. New York Watch one of the best fireworks displays in the country with Viators once-in-a-lifetime July 4th VIP Exclusive: Fireworks from the Empire State Buildings Observation Deck. A limited number of tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis to this two-hour, private evening event, guaranteed to sell out quickly.
2. Washington, D.C. See 100 of the most popular monuments and points of interest in Americas capital after the sun goes down on the Washington D.C. Monuments by Moonlight Night Tour by Trolley, currently more than 50 percent off.
3. Philadelphia Theres no better time to visit our nations first capital than during a weekend to celebrate Americas Independence. Travelers will save more than 45 percent on admission to six of the citys premier attractions with a Viator Philadelphia CityPASS.
4. Las Vegas Hit the highway out of Las Vegas and spend the day touring two major tourist attractions on the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam Day Trip, currently on sale with savings more than 50 percent.
5. Orlando Get two days for the price of one at Kennedy Space Center, a short drive from Orlando and the launch site for every U.S. human space flight since December 1968.
6. San Diego Tour one of the largest aircraft carriers in the U.S. Navy fleet at the USS Midway Museum, San Diegos newest visitor attraction. A visit to this historic naval aircraft carrier museum is an essential experience for patriots of all ages.
7. Boston Travel north from Boston to historic Marblehead, the birthplace of the American Navy. Along the way, visit Salem, the Witch City and learn about the history of witchcraft and the reasons why the trials occurred.
8. Niagara Falls Visit New Yorks first state park on an overnight trip to Niagara Falls from New York City. Along the way, experience the states diverse ethnic heritage and the rolling hills of the Finger Lakes, one of the countrys premier wine producing areas.
9. Oahu Take a sobering journey through U.S. history on a tour of the Arizona Memorial and the USS Missouri, the last battleship built by the U.S. Navy. Tickets include skip-the-line access to make the most of a day at Pearl Harbor, complete with a tour of downtown Honolulu and a drive through Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific. An added bonus: receive one free child ticket for each adult ticket purchased.
10. Memphis Walk in the footsteps of the King of Rock n Roll at Elvis Presleys home, Graceland Mansion the number one thing to do in Memphis, Tenn. Upgrade to the Elvis Entourage VIP Package and also receive entrance to a VIP Only Exhibit, Front of the Line Access to the Mansion, and more.
Viator® is the worlds leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to nearly 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 750-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator the Latin word for traveler offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as 260,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viators in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the worlds largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/6/prweb8597936.htm.
Related Keywords:plastic art, internet, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), travel and commuting, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, , tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism, travel and commuting, lifestyle (house and home), consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence,