|Page (1) of 1 - 02/17/05||email article||print page|
VertigoXmedia to Launch VertigoXG family at NABNew products streamline graphics production workflow (February 17, 2005)
VertigoXmedia, a long-time developer of software-based solutions for graphics automation and channel branding, is making a big splash at NAB2005 with its new VertigoXG family of real-time broadcast graphics systems. A full-featured SD/HD graphics system optimized for use with the Producer Xmedia Suite, VertigoXG provides single- or dual-channel graphics and video playout capabilities for a wide range of advanced real-time broadcast applications.
Vertigo has combined the latest in broadcast video hardware with a real-time software rendering system, flexible on-air control interface, and the easy-to-use Xstudio or Product X authoring tool. Even non-technical users can painlessly create advanced data-driven broadcast applications by selecting common broadcast elements stored in a customizable library. Users can link on-air graphics elements to live data feeds through simple drag-and-drop operations, and control them from user-definable ?soft control panels. The VertigoXG renderer provides multiple layers, each with a virtually unlimited number of animated elements that can be individually keyed, making the VertigoXG one of the most powerful broadcast graphics systems available today.
Producer Xmedia Suite Version 3.5
Already a powerful suite of tools for automatically creating, managing, and airing real-time broadcast graphics, the Producer Xmedia Suite has been made more powerful than ever. Version 3.5 adds a bevy of new features that further streamline the graphics production workflow:
* The power of the Xmedia Suite is now available to Avid editors. The new Xbuilder PlugIn for Avid NLEs lets Avid users browse a library of ?smart templates stored in a central Xmedia Server, select a template style, and automatically insert finished graphics and animations directly into the video timeline. Templates can include links to live data sources as well as pre-programmed production logic that automatically updates elements based on user selections. For example, an animated stock chart can be generated automatically from real-time data by simply typing in a stock symbol. The resulting video clip can then be stored in the Xmedia Server and automatically published to the appropriate production system for playout. The benefits of Vertigos templated approach to graphics are now accessible throughout the production process from the newsroom to the edit suites to production control.
* The new Graphics Work Order Management feature enables journalists and production staff to generate work orders for new graphic elements electronically, direct from their desktops. The system automatically distributes the work orders to the graphics department, tracks their status, and ingests the newly created elements so that they become available like any other digital asset for use as part of an on-air graphic. Xmedia Version 3.5 acts as a centralized asset management system, storing and managing all digital assets as well as real-time data feeds from virtually any source.
* New asset management features include automatic publishing of graphics assets to the appropriate graphics system, automated purging of assets residing on the server and on the graphics systems, and improved external asset management. For example, large video clips can be managed with the Xmedia Server without being physically transferred to the server.
* The Xmedia Server now has an optional backup/buddy server that provides full redundancy.
* The Mediastore application is now available from any Web browser (PC and Mac) and has been enhanced to include functionality for creating, managing, and viewing work orders.
* Xplay can now support an unlimited number of graphics devices (up from two) or an unlimited number of virtual keyers. This allows independent control of, for example, a station bug, a crawl, and a playlist of lower thirds and over-the-shoulders, greatly simplifying control.
The only open-standard solution available in todays market, the Xmedia Suite is capable of cross-platform publishing and can distribute all graphic elements to any standard character generator as well as the companys own VertigoXG hardware systems.
Vertigo has joined forces with Matrox Graphics, combining the extensive video broadcasting backgrounds of the two companies to provide top-of-the-line products and services for the public information display and digital signage markets. These displays can be used to deliver critical, time-sensitive information or target potential customers with sleek, powerful messaging and imagery. Matrox graphics cards can be used singly or in clusters to deliver video content on multiple displays in various configurations. Vertigos versatile Xmedia Suite and brand-new XG graphic rendering platform will power the Matrox hardware, providing the ability to automatically create, control, and deliver dynamic data-driven graphics to multi-screen digital signs.
Existing Products on Display:
Xpresenter - Award-winning, affordable, stand-alone system that transforms Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into high-end, broadcast-quality productions that feature graphics, animation, and video.
Xpresenter turns any presentation into high-end graphics and broadcast-quality video, without using a scan converter. Xpresenter runs inside the familiar PowerPoint user interface, allowing users to work with familiar tools to produce CG graphics and animations rivaling those of much more expensive character generators. Xpresenter allows users to leverage all the features in PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications instantly, dramatically reducing the time and effort required to develop high-end presentations and broadcast graphics.
Users can work with existing clip art galleries, import images in any format, and link slide elements to real-time data sources to create stunning visual displays for any application. Combine this with a real-time crawling ticker and multiple animated logos and clocks, and Xpresenter provides everything needed to produce a full broadcast production. Xpresenter is ideally suited for corporate communications applications, info channels, retail signage, transportation schedules, and other digital signage applications.
Product X- A powerful and extremely easy-to-use, PC-based graphics automation system that enables even non-programmers to build professional-quality graphics quickly, link on-air elements to live data sources, and create fully customized operator control screens - all in one step.
VertigoXmedia is an innovator in the field of graphics automation solutions for broadcast television, cable, and interactive television. The companys products significantly streamline the graphics production workflow by offering the ability to capture and control live data automatically, create corresponding data-driven graphics, and deliver professional, real-time graphics to multiple output channels.
VertigoXmedias products and services have been used by many of the worlds leading broadcasters, including ABC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, ESPN, FOX, NBC, Time Warner Cable, CBC/Radio-Canada, and others around the world. The companys technology is suited to a wide range of applications, including automated promos that announce upcoming shows, graphics automation with real-time newsroom data capture, centralized graphics production and management, and up-to-the-minute elections coverage. VertigoXmedia also offers creative design, integration, and consulting services.
For more information visit http://www.vertigoxmedia.com.
Related Keywords:VertigoXmedia, VertigoXG, graphics, channel branding, Producer Xmedia Suite, playout, rendering, Product X, authoring, Avid, Xbuilder PlugIn, NLE, animations, Xmedia Server, Mediastore, Xplay, Matrox, Xpresenter, graphics, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office,