|Page (1) of 1 - 02/15/11||email article||print page|
Venstar's New ColorTouch Commercial Touch Screen Thermostat Lets Businesses Display Logos, Ads or Promotions on the Thermostat ScreenFeatures Also Include 365-Day Holiday Programmer; Automatically Updatable Firmware; and Added Security for Public Display (February 15, 2011)
CHATSWORTH, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/11 -- Venstar®, a leading thermostat and energy management systems supplier, today announced the launch of ColorTouch Commercial, a multi-functional, simple-to-use, touch screen thermostat designed for commercial installations. With ColorTouch Commercial, users can display their business logos, advertisements or promotions on their thermostat screens as a slideshow screensaver or background wallpaper. ColorTouch Commercial also includes a 365-day holiday programmer, automatically updatable firmware, and added security for public display. ColorTouch Commercial is priced at approximately half the cost of competitive touch screen thermostats.
"ColorTouch Commercial brings the commercial thermostat to life by allowing the user to maximize its visual appeal to display the business logo, advertisement or promotions right on the thermostat screen as a slideshow screensaver or wallpaper," said Steve Dushane, president and CEO of Venstar Inc. "Whether it's a retail store, quick-service restaurant or law firm, businesses can benefit from the customization of their ColorTouch Commercial thermostats, helping to increase visibility and sales through ads and promotions on the thermostat screen."
Customizable Appearance Using Users' Logos, Advertisements and Promotions
Users can customize the appearance of their ColorTouch Commercial thermostats by using their own logos, advertisements, promotions, photos, or other graphics for the screen savers and background wallpaper. For example, a fast food restaurant could run photos of its food or promotions right on its thermostat. A retail store could run product shots or specials of the day. A corporation could run its company logo on the thermostat.
Scheduler Keeps Temperatures Comfortable, Reduces Energy Use When Unoccupied
The ColorTouch Commercial programmable scheduler keeps occupied periods comfortable while reducing energy use for unoccupied periods. An intuitive "Time Period" Scheduler automatically changes the temperature and mode for up to three periods per day, allowing for comfortable temperatures when the business is occupied, plus an energy savings mode for unoccupied periods. Features include:
- Selection of up to three occupied periods that nest inside of the unoccupied schedule. Any days/times that are not in the occupied periods automatically go into energy savings mode.
- User-specified modes, set points, start/stop times, and enable/disable for three occupied periods, such as regular store hours, shelf stocking; and cleaning.
- "Schedule Override," which allows users to extend occupied settings for up to four 30-minute periods.
- Preoccupancy purge feature, which allows the fan to be turned on in programmable 15-minute increments (up to three hours) before the room is occupied to create fresh air for when people arrive.
- A 365-day calendar facilitates programming for every day of the year, allowing for closed periods, such as vacations and holidays. Users may program as many unique holiday entries as needed for up to 10 years in advance.
Automatic Firmware Updates Using ColorTouch Assistant
Every time the ColorTouch Assistant software is used, it automatically connects to Venstar's ColorTouch Web site in the background and updates the software and firmware (the operating system for ColorTouch Commercial) at no cost. ColorTouch Assistant is included with the ColorTouch commercial thermostat and can be downloaded from Venstar's Web site at no cost. It is compatible with any Mac or PC computer.
The firmware updates the SD memory card (not included) to be uploaded to the thermostat, which then updates the thermostat. Updating the firmware ensures that the most current system software is being used, including new features and performance enhancements. This also helps ensure that the contractor does not have to be called to do software or firmware updates.
Using the SD card, users can also save settings from an existing ColorTouch Commercial thermostat and export them to other thermostats (so the user doesn't have to program each individual thermostat).
Fast and Easy Programming Using ColorTouch Assistant
Importing graphical files into the ColorTouch Commercial thermostat is simple using ColorTouch Assistant software. ColorTouch Assistant software has five main menu items that make programming the ColorTouch Commercial thermostat fast and easy for users, including:
- Picture Gallery -- users can easily find and upload their own graphics, including logos, ads, photos, etc. Editing tools allow for photo placement, color and brightness adjustments. Up to 100 files may be used as a slideshow. Digital and analog clocks come standard and can be used as part of the slideshow or as wallpaper.
- Service Information -- allows contractors to provide service contact information and their logos.
- Schedule -- users can see an "overview" of the time period schedule for heating and cooling and can edit the schedule from any Mac or PC computer running ColorTouch Assistant. The user can also view and change the schedule directly from the thermostat.
- Thermostat Settings -- users can adjust preferences, alerts, daylight savings, clock, vacation, security, and overall system settings using ColorTouch Assistant or directly at the thermostat.
- Automatic Updates to ColorTouch Software and Firmware (the operating system and feature set).
Security Features Include Locking Thermostat and Remote Temperature Sensor
- An automatic screen lock can lock the screen minutes after it has been touched and requires a pass code to enable access (eliminates unauthorized users from changing thermostat settings).
- Temperature set-point limits allow the user to run the system within set temperature parameters so that no one can run the air conditioning too low or the heat too high.
- Remote temperature sensing allows the thermostat to be put in another room, such as a back office, so that it is away from public access.
Comfort and Energy Efficiency All in One
ColorTouch makes every business comfortable and energy efficient. Features include:
- Smart Recovery feature intelligently determines by experience how long it takes to change from the energy saver mode temperature to the daytime occupied temperature. The system learns how soon it needs to turn on so that the temperature is at the programmed level at the time occupancy is scheduled. This helps provide a gradual warm-up or cool-down, eliminating the spike of energy use it would need otherwise.
- Override feature allows the system to be adjusted for comfort after hours. The user simply presses a button on the thermostat to provide 30 more minutes of comfortable air conditioning. The user can press the thermostat four times for a total of up to two hours of extended air conditioning.
- Override feature also allows the system to be put into energy efficient unoccupied mode. The user simply presses the override button while it's in the occupied program, and it will automatically go into unoccupied, energy-efficient mode.
- Easy access to Energy Usage Information lets users easily see how much energy has been used to heat and cool for the past seven days. This helps users evaluate energy conservation options, giving them the opportunity to decrease energy costs.
Additional Thermostat Features
- Daylight Savings mode, which automatically adjusts for daylight savings.
- Language choices of English, Spanish or French.
- Reminder alerts to change the filter and who to call for service.
- Customizable faceplates, which users can choose to match their décor. Options include white (supplied), black, silver, and wood grain. A wall plate is available, if needed, to conceal the wall area where a larger thermostat previously existed.
- Compatibility with most heating and air conditioning equipment and ability to control gas/electric or heat pump equipment, with up to 4 heating and 2 cooling stages.
Easy for Contractors to Install and Program
ColorTouch Commercial is installation-friendly with its output test screen that allows the contractor to test the system. Its graphical user interface shows what outputs turn on and which outputs should be on, so the contractor can ensure that all equipment is connected and working properly. In addition, programming and configuration may be done in advance using the provided ColorTouch Assistant software and an SD memory card (not included). Contractors can input their contact information and logo into the thermostat itself so when users have need for service, they can press the Service Information to find the contractor's information.
Great New Revenue Opportunity for HVAC Distributors and Contractors
Compatible with virtually every type of heating and air conditioning system, this vibrant and simple-to-use thermostat brings HVAC distributors and contractors a new revenue opportunity for this very different commercial thermostat for all types of businesses, from retail to offices.
Venstar sells ColorTouch via a nationwide distribution network with thousands of contractors. For more information, visit: http://www.venstar.com/Thermostats/ColorTouch
Email: [email protected]
About Venstar Inc.
Founded in 1992, Venstar Inc. is a leading thermostat and energy management system (EMS) supplier, known for providing value to its customers via ease of use and installation, proven cost savings, improved energy efficiency, quality and reliability. Venstar is one of the largest thermostat suppliers in the world and designs and produces Venstar-branded products, as well as OEM thermostat products for the biggest names in HVAC. Venstar's Surveyor is a leading energy management system, typically saving small-box retailers 25percent of their energy costs, which translates to millions of dollars in savings and dramatic reductions in C02 emissions. Surveyor currently controls the energy usage of more than 13,000 retail locations across the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Web site: www.venstar.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1513264
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: energy management systems, commercial thermostats, green thermostats, ColorTouch, Mac, OS9, OSX, Canada, USA, Marketwire, Inc., Silver, Environmental Technology, Internet Technology, Green Technology, Business, mexico, Other,