|Page (1) of 1 - 11/03/10||email article||print page|
Velir Recognized for Innovative Use of Sitecore CMS(November 03, 2010)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/03/10 -- Sitecore, the leading provider of .NET Web Content Management System (CMS) software, today recognized an outstanding implementation of Sitecore's Web CMS solution as part of the company's North American Outstanding Solutions Program.
For calendar Q3 2010, the partner recognized for its innovative solution on the Sitecore CMS platform is Velir. The project was chosen based on how the firm responded to the customer's most complex architecture, development and deployment challenges in a short period of time. Velir submitted a written entry including architectural diagrams and relevant code for review by the Sitecore Outstanding Solutions team.
"Working with the Sitecore CMS gave us the flexibility we needed to implement this complex solution," said Joel Douglass, senior developer at Velir. "By intelligently organizing our data in the Sitecore system, we were able to easily feed it into many different channels such as the mobile site, mobile apps, Facebook and Twitter."
- Velir was recognized for the implementation of the Sitecore CMS platform for the Brookings Institution, a nonprofit public policy and research organization based in Washington, DC.
- Based on input from the Brookings Institution and Threespot (Brookings' digital strategy, design, and user experience partner), Velir engineered a Sitecore solution for Brookings.edu that is truly optimized for mobile and cross-channel publishing and engagement.
- All content is stored within Sitecore and published out to various channels including RSS, Facebook, Twitter, traditional desktop and mobile browsers; Velir built a custom interface that allows content authors to publish out to Facebook or Twitter directly from the Content Editor interface.
- Velir and Threespot created native smartphone applications for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. These applications pull information from the Sitecore Content Repository.
- Brookings.edu stores approximately 50,000 content items within Sitecore.
- For more details on the project, visit: http://www.velir.com/work/brookings.shtm.
"Velir demonstrated one of the fundamental promises of CMS: edit once, publish everywhere," said Derek Roberti, director of technology at Sitecore. "And they've done it with one-click simplicity for everything from the iPhone to Facebook to email."
Learn More and Nominate: http://www.sitecore.net/landing/SitecoreOutstandingSolution
Sitecore's Web Content Management System (CMS), portal and marketing automation software solutions enable companies to deliver compelling Web experiences. Sitecore's award-winning CMS software makes it easy for businesses to create and update dynamic, full-featured websites of all types. Sitecore's industry leading flexibility and scalability allow companies to better leverage their content, improve customer experience and drive business growth.
Thousands of public and private organizations, including national governments and Fortune 500 companies, utilize Sitecore solutions for their websites. These organizations have created and now manage more than 24,000 dynamic websites with Sitecore including ATP World Tour, Computer Associates, ISS, Lloyd's of London, Microsoft, Omni Hotels, Siemens, Thomas Cook and The Knot.
Connect in the Sitecore Community to experience Sitecore's success and that of its customers, partners and developers.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: velir, sitecore, content management system, brookings institution, derek roberti, erick mott, CMS, Internet, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, PDA, iPods, iphone, Applications, Research, EMail, Social Media, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Architecture, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Management, Business, Marketing, PDA/Smartphone, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business, Email,