|Page (1) of 1 - 07/26/04||email article||print page|
Vasont Systems Releases Vasont 9.0Adds new enhancements to content management system (July 26, 2004)
Vasont Systems, a leading provider of content management software and data services, today announced the release of Vasont 9.0, the latest version of its powerful content management system that enables organizations to store their multilingual content once for delivery to print, PDF, CD-ROM and Web formats. Vasont 9.0 will be available in August.
?Vasont 9.0s most compelling new enhancements were created in response to feedback from current Vasont users, said Richard Schiding, Vasont Systems CEO. ?We listened to their needs, and our goal for this version was to provide more effective content reuse across multiple locations throughout an organization. We think our clients are going to be very happy with how Vasont 9.0 meets and exceeds that goal.
Organizations Can Improve Efficiencies Through Automated Business Logic and Faster Processing
* FASTER PROCESSING To improve efficiencies in important content management processes, Vasont 9.0 has streamlined common content transactions to reduce network traffic and process content faster.
* NEW BUILT-IN PROCESSING OPTIONS - Vasonts exclusive processing options, which are built-in system customizations, give users more control of their business logic and allow for time-saving event-triggered task automation. Vasont 9.0 comes with over 100 new processing options, bringing the total to 500 processing options available within the system to help organizations with their productivity.
* NEW USER-DEFINED PROCESSING OPTIONS - Vasont 9.0 now allows users to write their own processing options. Users can customize their own Vasont content management system by writing processing options triggered by workflow and content modification events, saving them time in their editorial process.
* AUTOMATED XSLT TRANSFORMS - Vasont 9.0 features new XSLT integration, which executes XSLT transforms automatically according to a user-defined cue, such as drag-and-drop or running a load or extract. This automation saves users the time of manually executing the transform.
* XML SCHEMA SUPPORT - Through Vasont 9.0s advanced XML schema support, organizations can easily integrate disparate pieces of XML content because the system can read an XML schema file, which can be used in conjunction with or in place of a DTD.
Improved Versioning Meets Industry Compliance Requirements
* NEW VERSIONING INTERFACE - In order to meet demanding industry compliance requirements and comprehensive content tracking demands, Vasonts versioning capability has been enhanced to provide a user-friendly interface to access the detailed component-level version information. In addition, comments can easily be added to any time-stamped version that the system captures.
Users Can Complete More Complicated Tasks with Advanced Editorial Tools
* ENHANCED LINK MANAGEMENT - Solving one of the largest headaches in content management, Vasont 9.0 enhances Vasonts already powerful link management capability, by eliminating the need for users to manually reset links when a referenced piece of content is moved to a new location within a document or across multiple documents. The system automatically resets the link behind the scenes, ensuring more accurate content and better tracking of content reuse.
* CONTENT REUSE REPORT Vasont 9.0s printable content reuse reports are a great way for users to quickly prove their ROI by easily viewing what content is being reused. After content is loaded into the system, the report immediately provides statistics on the content reuse that Vasont has confirmed and implemented on the organizations content.
* ADVANCED SEARCH CAPABILITIES - Vasont 9.0s improved search features allow users to filter and find content within the text of more than 200 different file formats, including word processing, database, presentation, PDF, spreadsheet, and graphics files. Searches can be conducted using one word, a list of words, misspelled words, sounds like, word proximity, and Boolean operators. Users can save their favorite searches for frequent use or easily access their eight most recent searches without rebuilding them each time allowing them to immediately access and reuse the content from those searches.
* EXPANDED UNICODE SUPPORT - Advanced Unicode support allows Vasont 9.0 users to ?mix-and-match any Unicode format, including UTF-8 and UTF-16. For example, users can load UTF-8 content into the system and extract it as UTF-16 content.
* ENHANCED GLOBAL CHANGE FUNCTIONALITY - Vasont 9.0s extended global change functionality includes enhanced reporting and control capability over global changes, enabling users to more effectively manage content reuse. With the new global change log, Vasont automatically tracks actual changes or pending changes for every piece of reused content affected for all documents or components in the system. The log includes user name, time/date stamp, and the original text, for each reuse instance of the content. Authorized users can rollback or accept individual changes to reused content as appropriate.
About Vasont Systems
Headquartered in Emigsville, Pennsylvania, Vasont Systems is a leading provider of content management software and data services backed by more than 50 years of experience in the information management and publishing industry. Its flagship Vasont content management system enables organizations of all sizes to create, manage and store their multilingual content once for multi-channel delivery to print, PDF, CD-ROM and Web formats. Fortune 1000 companies and organizations from a variety of industries, including manufacturing, technology, publishing, government, and healthcare, use Vasont to manage and produce multilingual technical documentation, product manuals, and reference materials. www.vasont.com.
Related Keywords:Vasont Systems, Vasont 9.0, content management, Richard Schiding, XSLT, XML, XML schema, Versioning,