|Page (1) of 1 - 02/29/12||email article||print page|
VMware Introduces Spring Hadoop to Help Enterprise Developers Build Next Generation of Big Data Applications(February 29, 2012)
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/29/12 -- VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced the availability of Spring Hadoop, the latest addition to the Spring Data family of projects. Spring Hadoop integrates the Spring Framework and the Apache Hadoop platform to make it easy for enterprise developers to build distributed processing solutions with Apache Hadoop.
"VMware is committed to helping developers build, deploy, manage and scale the new wave of data-driven applications," said Adrian Colyer, CTO Cloud and Application Services, VMware. "By building upon Spring's strong and versatile foundation of simplifying data access, and leveraging the depth of the Hadoop platform, VMware is delivering a streamlined programming model that makes Spring the natural way to integrate Hadoop systems into the enterprise application landscape."
Spring Hadoop brings the benefits of Spring -- simplicity, ease-of-use -- to Hadoop by providing a comprehensive, lightweight framework that will allow developers to easily build solutions around the Hadoop platform. As data volumes and data access choices in enterprise applications have grown exponentially, Spring continues to focus on enabling enterprise Java developers to incorporate new data access patterns into their applications through the Spring Data projects.
Spring Hadoop is free to download and available now under the open source Apache 2.0 license. Key aspects of Spring Hadoop include:
- Support for configuration, creation, and execution of MapReduce, Streaming, Hive, Pig, and Cascading jobs via the Spring container
- Comprehensive HDFS data access support through JVM scripting languages (Groovy, JRuby, Jython, Rhino, etc.)
- Declarative configuration support for HBase
- Dedicated Spring Batch support for developing powerful workflow solutions incorporating HDFS operations and all types of Hadoop jobs
- Support for use with Spring Integration that provides easy access to a wide range of existing systems using an extensible event-driven pipes and filters architecture
- Powerful Hadoop configuration options and templating mechanism for client connections to Hadoop
- Declarative and programmatic support for Hadoop Tools, including FsShell and DistCp
VMware will be hosting a session to introduce the Spring Hadoop project today at the O'Reilly Strata Conference in Santa Clara, Calif.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 350,000 customers and 50,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
- Spring Community: www.springsource.org
- Spring Data: www.springsource.org/spring-data
- Spring Hadoop: www.springsource.org/spring-data/hadoop
- Apache Hadoop: hadoop.apache.org
The OutCast Agency
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Datacenter Management, Desktop Virtualization, Application Virtualization, Virtualization Technology, Applications, Productivity Applications, Business Issues, Software Development, Other Applications, Open Source, Languages, Tools, Dynamic Languages, Management, CTO/CIO, Broadcast, Management, Streaming, Programming, Scripting, Authoring/Programming, Internet Media, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Computer Science, Family,