|Page (1) of 1 - 10/23/11||email article||print page|
VIDMIC Shipping Groundbreaking Officer-Worn Video System, the VIDMIC VX2Smaller, Lighter, More Powerful Design Redefines What Is Possible for Body-Worn Video (October 23, 2011)
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 10/23/11 -- (IACP 2011, booth #519) VIDMIC, a global provider of officer-worn video, radio accessories and digital file management software, today announced that the groundbreaking new version of its body-worn video system, the VIDMIC VX2, is now shipping.
The VX2 has been designed and vigorously tested to meet the increasing real-time video demands of police, military and security professionals. VIDMIC was the first company to bring to market an officer-worn video system in the United States and it is continuing to lead the industry with the release of this new version.
"The advances we have designed into to the VIDMIC VX2 will help protect police and others in law enforcement against frivolous lawsuits and at the same time, enable them to be more effective in on the job," said Todd Haynes, CEO of VIDMIC. "Because the VX2 houses both a still and video camera inside the shoulder microphone, no additional equipment is added to the officer's already crowded uniform. That innovation, along with several hours of video storage capability and a longer battery life, make this a powerful resource for any officer's daily work."
VIDMIC VX2: The next evolution of officer-worn video includes the following:
- Improved battery life: 12 hours of stand-by and four hours of active video recording
- Larger LCD screen: integrated video screen located on the back side of shoulder microphone
- Lighter case: the VX2 is about .5 ounces lighter than its predecessor
- Increased storage: 8GB of storage enables hours of video and thousands of still photos
- Larger lens: increases the field of view by camera
- Low-light recording: better video quality in various lighting conditions
- Firmware upgrades: control a greatly expanded feature set to comply with various department/city policies
- Water resistant: new seals and form factor enable use in all weather conditions
- Made in the USA: manufacturing has been moved to U.S. facilities for improved quality assurance and timely delivery
VIDMIC, Inc. is the global leader in developing advanced audio, video and file management systems for police officers, law enforcement agencies, security companies, first responders and military applications. VIDMIC was the first company in the U.S. to launch a body-worn video system for use in law enforcement and its solutions are used on a daily basis across the world. For more information, please visit: www.VIDMIC.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Officer-worn video, police, law enforcement, body worn video, video camera, military, security , USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Shipping,Biology,