|Page (1) of 1 - 05/29/03||email article||print page|
Update: Steinberg Says Nuendo 2.0 Shipping NowMusic production system comes to Mac OS X
The latest version of Steinberg's music production system includes 200 new features in the categories of mixing, editing, plugins, recording/playback, MIDI and file formats. Some of the new features include:
- Multichannel architecture through the entire signal path;
- Support for all standard surround formats such as LCRS, 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1;
- Plugin delay compensation;
- Patch editor for routing plugin channels in surround channels;
- Surround Panner in channel sends;
- Unlimited VSTi, group and Rewire 2 channels;
- Configurable Mixer;
- Eight Insert slots per channel;
- MIDI channels available in the mixer;
- New automation modes;
- VST 2.3 support with improved I/O routing of plugins;
- Support for new file formats, including Wave64 for files larger than 2 GB, as well as various import and export formats;
- Record files can include up to 12 channels;
- Online recording;
- New record modes;
- Project scrubbing and shuttling;
- Unlimited undo/redo;
- Real-time non-destructive crossfades;
- Enhanced crossfade editor;
- Drag and drop regions from the sample editor to the Project window;
- Multiple timelines showing various formats;
- Key command enhancements, including the ability to toggle between alternate key command sets;
- Configurable track controls;
- Multiple VST plugin directories.
New and enhanced plugins for Nuendo 2.0 include Datube, Rotary, Vocoder, StepFilter, Bitcrusher, Ringmodulator, MIDI Gate, SPL DeEsser, QuadraFuzz, Q, Denoiser, Declicker, Apogee UV22 HR, Mix 8 to 2, Multidither and Surroundscope. The software also includes integrated waveshell support for Waves plugins.
For MIDI, the new version gains several new features as well. These include:
- Drum Editor;
- Logical Editor;
- Score Editor;
- Score layout and printing;
- MIDI Device Manager;
- Multiple controller lanes in MIDI editors;
- MIDI step recording.
It also includes the following MIDI plugins: Arpache5, Autopan, Chorder, Compress, Control, Density, MicroTuner, MidiEcho, Note2CC, Quantizer, StepDesigner, TrackControl, TrackFX and Transformer.
Complete documentation of the new features is available on Steinberg's Web site. Nuendo 2.0 sells for $1,499.99 and supports Mac OS X and Windows. For more information, visit http://www.us.steinberg.net/Products/Nuendo.htm.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Update: Steinberg Says Nuendo 2.0 Shipping Now