|Page (1) of 1 - 01/12/04||email article||print page|
Update: Combustion 3 for Mac OS X Coming This MonthCompositing suite gains new editing functionality, scripting enhancements, performance optimizations
- Performance optimizations in rendering, OpenGL acceleration, multi-processor support, extensive caching and multiple viewports;
- Advanced keying, color correction, tracking, grain management and masking tools adopted from Discreet Flame;
- Fully integrated particle system with real-time preview and OpenGL acceleration;
- Character generator for animated text;
- Advanced rotoscoping;
- Streamlined design environment;
- Fully editable and automated schematic view;
- Resolution-independent with 8-, 10-, 12-, 16- and 32-bit (float) per component image processing;
- Integration with Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3ds max and Maya;
- Network rendering and central job management across multiple systems.
Combustion 3 is expected to ship this month for Mac OS X for $995. Upgrades from Combustion 2.x run $199. For more information, visit http://www.discreet.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the editor and producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Update: Combustion 3 for Mac OS X Coming This Month
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved