|Page (1) of 1 - 03/14/12||email article||print page|
Unitrends Announces Instant Recovery for Windows AND VMware(March 14, 2012)
Columbia, SC (PRWEB) March 14, 2012
Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, and disaster recovery solutions, today announced the availability of instant recovery for Windows and VMware via their failover virtualization technology.
Failover virtualization is designed as a first step to recover immediately and simply from critical system failure. It reduces the time to recover a failed system to less than five minutes, thereby increasing business continuity and reducing IT staff repair time.
"IT organizations need an affordable and manageable way to ensure non-stop business operations and continuous data protection," said Mike Coney, CEO of Unitrends. "Instant recovery through failover virtualization allows Unitrends to help organizations of all sizes meet those requirements."
The availability of instant recovery for both Windows and VMware via one solution is a key differentiator for Unitrends from other backup and recovery solutions in the marketplace, and makes it attractive to both end users as well as resellers.
With Unitrends new Instant Recovery feature, CNP is now able to offer a simple and affordable disaster recovery solution to our customers, said Andrew Flowers, Senior Network Engineer of CNP, that allows us to cut their downtime window from days to a matter of minutes.
Failover Virtualization Highlights:
- Typical server downtime is less than five minutes.
- The Unitrends appliance continues to protect the users environment while one or more systems are running on it.
- Failover virtualization is hardware independent.
- Includes advanced verification of backups with automated screen snapshots.
- Live and audit modes are supported for system failure and backup testing.
- Learn more about instant recovery for Windows and VMware via the Unitrends website.
Cost and Availability
- Failover virtualization is now available.
- Under the Unitrends No LimitsTM licensing, failover virtualization for Windows and VMware is included at no extra charge. Also included is support of over 100 versions of servers, operating systems, hypervisors, storage devices, and applications.
With outstanding product innovation, employee expansion and strategic investments, Unitrends has continued to dominate the backup and recovery market by expanding its customer base in a variety of industries, including education, manufacturing, financial services and healthcare, as well as forming strategic partnerships.
Other recent enhancements include:
- Near-CDP (Continuous Data Protection) With Up to 10,000 Snapshots Per Week
- Incremental Forever with No Recovery Time Objective (RTO) Impact
- Enhanced Block-Level Adaptive Deduplication
- Rotational Archiving to SAN and NAS
- Enhanced Bare Metal Backup for MAC OS and Solaris
- VMware Image-Based File-Level Recovery for Linux
- Point in Time Restore Across All Backup Types
Tweet This: #Unitrends Appoints VP of #Sales to Keep Pace with Company Growth http://unitrends.com
Other Supporting Resources
Modern Backup Blog: http://www.unitrends.com/blog
Unitrends enables its customers the freedom to focus on their business instead of backup. The company achieves this through scalable, all-in-one backup solutions that no other data protection vendor can provide. Unitrends integrated backup appliance simply protects businesses IT infrastructures at the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry. More companies every day join those who have discovered the customer-obsessed, enterprise-level data protection only Unitrends can offer.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9283137.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general)