|Page (1) of 1 - 09/15/11||email article||print page|
UberMedia Partners With The Economist Group to Deliver Compelling Social ContentNew Desktop App and UberSocial Channel Enrich Social Stream (September 15, 2011)
PASADENA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/15/11 -- UberMedia, the largest independent provider of applications for reading and posting to Twitter and other social media platforms, has partnered with Ideas People Media, an Economist Group business, to launch a custom desktop application. UberMedia will also feature a curated UberChannel in the company's popular UberSocial smartphone application for BlackBerry, iPhone and Android.
The new products curate content from selected members of Ideas People Channel around the world, including The Economist, Daily Kos, National Review, Talking Points Memo and VentureBeat. By funneling real-time content from top-quality, global media sources, both the app and UberChannel offer UberMedia's audience a simple way to consume and engage with challenging, thought-provoking content that enriches their social stream, wherever, whenever.
- Inspired by the thoughtful mindset of The Economist's worldwide audience, the new app and UberChannel deliver custom-curated content from Ideas People Media's network of more than 50 publishers.
- Content, including opinion and in-depth analysis, is divided into four areas: Culture, Globalization, Business and Innovation
- Beyond building a community of social users with common interests, the products provide the fuel for users to share opinions and discoveries via Twitter
- Features of the Desktop app include:
- A LivePreview window that lets you view linked media alongside a Tweet
- Message notifications and the ability to pop out a timeline, @replies, direct messages or any lists for continuous monitoring
- ShrinkTweet and Twitlonger, allowing you to customize your voice by keeping your message informal or more detailed
- A desktop app that runs on Adobe Air and is compatible with Mac, PC and Linux or a mobile app available on UberSocial for BlackBerry and iPhone and Twidroyd for Android
- By forming compelling partnerships with credible media companies, UberMedia is able to inject thought leadership value into the Twitter ecosystem for its most active and engaged users, as well as those brands who seek to reach them.
UberMedia Founder & CEO, Bill Gross: "Partnering with such a definitive media leader as The Economist Group's Ideas People gives UberMedia the ability to enrich our users' social experience by delivering them the most provocative, relevant and insightful content. The unmatched caliber of content the Ideas People app delivers further supports our mission to create a richer, more tailored social experience for our users."
Ideas People Media VP, Stephane Pere: "We see this as an opportunity to engage the media buying audience with the content of our publishers to familiarize them with the depth and breadth of our offering. We are constantly devising new ways to introduce our publishers' compelling content to a savvy, social audience, and we're confident that UberMedia provides the sophisticated technology and influential user base to make the most significant impact we can within the Twitter ecosystem."
UberSocial on Twitter
UberMedia (www.ubermedia.com) is the world's leading independent developer of applications designed to organize, simplify and amplify the social stream, with more than 6 million users of its products in both desktop and mobile environments. UberMedia's portfolio includes market-leading Twitter applications UberSocial and Echofon. UberMedia is headquartered at Idealab (www.idealab.com) in Pasadena, Calif.
ABOUT IDEAS PEOPLE MEDIA
Ideas People Media (www.ideaspeoplemedia.com), an Economist Group business, manages two vertical ad networks. Ideas People Channel reaches 24.6 million US and 36 million globally, an audience that is curious, opinionated and influential with a keen interest in Business, Globalisation, Innovation and Culture. Ideas People Advocacy Network is a pure US Politics vertical with greater reach among political influencers than Huffington Post or Politico. Ideas People TV is a video ad network that runs across both vertical networks. Ideas People Media is headquartered in New York City.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1733265
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1733244
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1733247
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: UberMedia, Economist, Ideas People Media, Bill Gross, mobile application, Twitter, UberSocial, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, PDA, iPods, iphone, Applications, Video, Social Media, Applications, Business, PDA/Smartphone, Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Television, Business, Politics, Other,