|Page (1) of 1 - 08/11/11||email article||print page|
UberMedia Adds Russell Simmons, Pro Football and A.plus Themes to Mobile Twitter Apps(August 11, 2011)
PASADENA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/11/11 -- UberSocial and Twidroyd users can now ponder life and style with entrepreneur Russell Simmons (@UncleRUSH), debate which pro football team has the best quarterback and experience the mobile version of desktop Twitter app A.plus by adding UberMedia's new mobile themes UncleUber, Pro Football Characters and A.plus to UberSocial for BlackBerry and iPhone and Twidroyd for Android devices.
Via these themes, Twitter users can truly make themselves a part of the insider dialogue, tweeting their thoughts and opinions alongside those of entertainment mogul Russell Simmons, pro football athletes and other celebrities. The content available through each theme makes it easier for users to discover items they'll find relevant, since it tailors the content they see to Russell's spiritual guidance and "hip-pop" style, pro football news or cool charities and projects on A.plus. In addition to tailored content, users will experience a slick Twitter interface design with wallpapers, icons, colors and a general aesthetic inspired by Russell or football pros. A.plus fans can make the smooth transition between A.plus's desktop app to the mobile version.
For brands and advertisers, these themes streamline engagement with audiences that actively identify themselves as fans of a specific category, such as music or football -- providing a marketing and advertising avenue for offers that users will find highly relevant, coinciding with the theme's curated content.
- UberMedia announces three new themes across Android, iPhone and BlackBerry platforms via Twidroyd and UberSocial
- All themes include Twitter-enhancing features already offered by UberSocial and Twidroyd, such as longer tweets and LivePreview, which displays linked Web pages and media right alongside the tweet
- Features of UncleUber from Russell Simmons:
- Direct interaction with "Uncle Rush" himself via the daily "Topics of the Day" channel
- Design with custom icons and colors inspired by Russell's socially mindful and spiritual life
- Inside entertainment, music and style info from Russell's "hip-pop" website GlobalGrind.com
- Features of Pro Football Characters:
- Ability to easily locate and follow your favorite pro football players on Twitter
- Daily End Zone Debate, where you can tweet about your favorite football topics
- Pictures, insider scoop, power players and breaking news
- Chalkboard-style background with tweets that look like illustrated plays from the locker room
- Features of A.plus include:
- Curated tweets around current events, technology, personal projects and interesting charities
- Insider content directly from entertainment world
- Design echoing the clean A.plus desktop application
- Following the company's mission to offer apps that simplify, connect and enrich your social stream wherever you are, UberMedia's new themes for UberSocial and Twidroyd provide access to Twitter content directly related to your interests and the ability to add more thought leadership into your tweets.
- By forming compelling partnerships with well-known personalities and associations, UberMedia's innovations inject new value to the Twitter ecosystem for users and brand marketers alike.
UberMedia Founder & CEO, Bill Gross: "One of our primary goals at UberMedia is to provide users with streamlined access to the Twitter content they find most compelling, avoiding the complication of having to search for or follow the best tweeter on their topics of interest. With the release of these new themes on UberSocial and Twidroyd, we are displaying curated content alongside the user's traditional timeline, so they can continue to see tweets from those they closely follow as well as expand their Twitter experience with new content."
UberMedia COO, Jon Kraft: "The new themes on UberSocial and Twidroyd attract a very tailored audience of users who share a common area of interest -- from inspirational reflections to entertainment and music news to pro football -- presenting an opportunity for brands to laser-focus their advertising through this direct channel."
UberSocial on Twitter
Twidroyd on Twitter
UberMedia (www.ubermedia.com) is the leading independent developer of applications and Web-based services that make it easier for users to find, follow and communicate with others on Twitter and other social media platforms. UberMedia applications include UberSocial (formerly UberTwitter), Echofon and Twidroyd, leading Twitter apps on the BlackBerry, iPhone and Android platforms, respectively. UberMedia is headquartered at Idealab (www.idealab.com) in Pasadena, CA.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1699020
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1699022
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1699059
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: UberMedia, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Sports, Music, Internet Technology, Entertainment, Other,