|Page (1) of 1 - 01/19/12||email article||print page|
USANA Health Sciences Selects Oracle Fusion GRC to Streamline and Automate Governance, Risk, and Compliance Controls100 Percent Open, Standards-Based GRC Platform Strengthens Controls Monitoring and Supports a Smooth ERP System Upgrade (January 19, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/19/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- USANA Health Sciences, a developer and manufacturer of high-quality nutritionals, personal care, energy and weight management products, has implemented Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC), part of the Oracle Fusion Applications suite.
- USANA Health Sciences needed a modern, standards-based GRC platform that could replace manually intensive controls, optimize key business processes, and support the execution of a major ERP upgrade.
- By leveraging Oracle Fusion GRC, USANA was able to better control its upgrade to the latest release of the Oracle E-Business Suite, improve change management, and reduce audit and remediation costs.
- With Oracle Configuration Controls Governor, part of Oracle Fusion GRC, USANA easily monitored and compared set up changes throughout its upgrade to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.
- To help mitigate risks and support regulatory compliance, USANA used Oracle Application Access Controls Governor to monitor segregation of duties, resulting in a 25 percent reduction in the number of hours required by its internal audit team and a 40 percent decrease in paper trails and paperwork.
- Next year, USANA plans to roll out Oracle Enterprise Transaction Controls Governor and Oracle Preventive Controls Governor for the detection of suspicious transactions and redundant business practices, and preclusion of control violations and process breakdowns before they occur.
- In addition to Oracle Fusion GRC and the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, USANA also uses Oracle's Agile PLM and Oracle's Demantra to streamline its business processes.
About Oracle Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Part of Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance is a 100 percent open, standards-based platform for enterprise risk management, multi-regulatory compliance, and controls enforcement. It is designed to work as a complete enterprise governance, risk and compliance solution or as modular extensions to an existing risk management and compliance applications portfolio.
- Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance combines vital risk and compliance oversight with automated controls enforcement. This integration helps firms meet current regulatory requirements while also embedding control, predictability and efficiency into their business.
- Depending on their most critical need at the time, enterprises will move along a maturity curve -- focusing on compliance, focusing on efficiency, and focusing on value. Oracle Fusion Governance, Risk, and Compliance helps deliver concrete benefits to organizations no matter where they stand along the maturity curve.
- "In order to support our continued growth, we needed to streamline our compliance processes and put the tools in place to successfully manage major IT upgrades," said Gary Carter, Enterprise Resource Planning Director, USANA Health Sciences. "Oracle provided us with a complete governance, risk and compliance solution that we could extend across our entire compliance program and integrate with system-wide operations. As a result, we've increased process efficiencies, automated previously manual controls, and facilitated our upgrade to a new ERP system."
- Oracle Fusion GRC
- Oracle Configuration Controls Governor
- Oracle Application Access Controls Governor
- Oracle Transaction Controls Governor
- Oracle Preventive Controls Governor
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1
- Video: USANA Increases Governance Over Oracle E-Business Suite
- USANA Health Sciences
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: customer, Oracle, video, roi, GRC, governance, risk, compliance, Fusion, E-Business Suite, EBS, Applications, Productivity Applications, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Other Applications, Tools, Management, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Environmental Technology, Business, Other,