|Page (1) of 1 - 05/23/12||email article||print page|
Two Meru Products Selected as Test Devices for Wi-Fi Alliance Video and Voice Quality Certification Programs(May 23, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/23/12 -- Meru Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: MERU), a leader in virtualized 802.11n enterprise wireless networking, today announced two of its products have been selected as part of the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise® and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WMM®-Admission Control test bed for certification programs from the Wi-Fi Alliance®, which will standardize voice and video quality over WLAN networks.
- The Wi-Fi Alliance, a global association devoted to seamless connectivity, announced on May 9 two new certification programs: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WMM-Admission Control. The two programs are planned for launch late in the second quarter; they will provide enterprise IT managers solutions for better voice quality and bandwidth management in their Wi-Fi networks.
- The Meru 802.11abgn AP310 Access Point and Meru MC1500 controller have both been selected for the newest Wi-Fi Alliance test suites.
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise is designed to ensure products meet requirements for good voice quality and security on enterprise networks. The program supports fast transitions between access points and provides management for voice applications.
- Wi-FI CERTIFIED WMM-Admission Control certifies that products have enhanced bandwidth management tools to optimize the delivery of voice, video and other traffic in Wi-Fi networks.
Tweet This: 2 Meru Products Selected as Test Devices for Wi-Fi Alliance Video & Voice Quality Certification Programs http://bit.ly/JEUeOG #WLAN
- Edgar Figueroa, CEO, Wi-Fi Alliance
"We congratulate Meru Networks on achieving selection to the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® Voice-Enterprise and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WMM®-Admission Control test bed. Meru's participation in the development of this program has been instrumental in the achievement of an industry-wide certification for this program."
- Kamal Anand, Sr. Vice President Product Management, Meru Networks
"Meru enables IT departments to deliver reliable, high-quality video and voice across its networks easily and cost-effectively, and is proud to participate in this important Wi-Fi Alliance program for voice and video certification."
Meru Networks: http://www.merunetworks.com
More Meru news: http://www.merunetworks.com/news-and-events
Wi-Fi Alliance newsroom: http://www.wi-fi.org/media/newsroom
Meru on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/merunetworks
About Meru Networks
Meru Networks (NASDAQ: MERU) is a leading supplier of virtualized wireless LAN solutions that provide enterprises with the performance, reliability, predictability and operational simplicity of a wired network with the advantages of mobility. Meru Networks eliminates the deficiencies of multichannel, client-controlled architectures with its innovative, single-channel, virtualized network architecture that easily handles device density and diversity. Meru wireless LAN solutions are deployed in major vertical industries including Fortune 500 businesses, education, hospitality, healthcare, and retail supply chain. Founded in 2002, Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific. Visit www.merunetworks.com or call (408) 215-5300 for more information.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Wi-Fi virtualization, wlan software, Enterprise network security, Enterprise access point, Applications,Education,Security,Networking,Connectivity,Wireless,Management,CEO/CFO,IT Managers,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Networking,Security,middle east,Other,