|Page (1) of 1 - 04/16/12||email article||print page|
Turkcell Superonline Transforms Its Order Management and Service Fulfillment With Oracle Communications Solutions(April 16, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/16/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that Turkcell Superonline -- a subsidiary of the Turkcell group providing broadband services to Turkish consumers -- has successfully deployed a converged service fulfillment suite from Oracle Communications.
- To successfully compete in the dynamic Turkish broadband market, Turkcell Superonline needed the ability to quickly introduce new products and services to customers at an attractive price. To accomplish this goal, Turkcell Superonline sought to replace legacy systems plagued by operational issues, data inconsistencies and unacceptable levels of order fallout.
- Turkcell Superonline worked with Oracle Communications Consulting and Oracle Partner Siemens to deploy Oracle Communications Order and Service Management and transform its order management and service fulfillment systems via Project COSMOS.
- Leveraging Oracle Communications Order and Service Management solution, Turkcell Superonline can rapidly design, launch and deliver services across all applicable network technologies, and can meet its key business metrics of improving service introduction time, reducing order cycle time and lowering cost of operations.
- In the current phase, Project COSMOS supports high speed broadband services with speeds of up to one gigabit per second across 10 cities in Turkey. In future phases, this platform will support newer services including VoIP and IPTV.
- Now that the company's subscriber migration is complete, its new service fulfillment suite maintains a monthly order throughput of approximately 55,000 customer orders. It also supports nearly 300,000 subscribers, 1.1 million service locations and 800,000 ports.
- Since going live, Turkcell Superonline's new fulfillment suite has:
- Been able to reduce the time it takes to adapt to network changes from six weeks to less than one week
- Laid the foundation through reusable configurations, to reduce offer time to market by up to 75%
- Improved the operations team's visibility to orders throughout the order to cash process and accelerated the resolution of order exceptions
- "Oracle's solutions allow us to decouple our product offerings from underlying access technologies, which enables us to more rapidly introduce new products and offers. This removes a significant barrier to meeting our growth and IT modernization goals and provides Turkcell Superonline with a strategic advantage in delivering differentiated services to our customers," said Ibrahim Gokalp, manager, network management systems, Turkcell Superonline.
- "To maintain a competitive edge in the telecommunications industry, it is imperative for service providers to introduce new services quickly and maintain a comprehensive view of their customers. With its new Oracle converged fulfillment platform, Turkcell Superonline can now more quickly deliver new broadband, VoIP and IPTV services while reducing order fallout and enhancing the customer experience," said Tim Porter, group vice president, EMEA sales, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Converged Fulfillment for Consumer Services
- Oracle Communications Converged Fulfillment for Business Services
- Oracle Communications Order and Service Management
- Oracle Communications Consulting
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than two billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Sales, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, IT Management, Management, Sales, Sales, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Broadcast Technology, Hardware, Software, IPTV, Marketwire, , Business, Other,