|Page (1) of 1 - 04/07/10||email article||print page|
Trulia Expands, Launches Comprehensive Rental Search EngineConsumers Can Now Search Millions of Units in Multifamily Buildings, Agent Represented Rentals and Landlord Submitted Properties (April 07, 2010)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/07/10 -- Trulia.com (www.trulia.com), smart real estate search to help consumers make better decisions, today announced the launch of its advanced search for rental listings. Trulia users can now take advantage of Trulia's smart search engine to find the perfect home to rent or buy. In addition to more than 4 million homes for sale, consumers will now have access to millions of rentals across the United States.
"With the burst of the housing bubble, more consumers than ever are trying to decide if they should rent or buy so we're giving them the tools to make the best decision for their lifestyle," said Pete Flint, Trulia co-founder and CEO. "We saw the opportunity to take our world-class interface, advanced search, rich maps and local neighborhood information and make Trulia.com available for renters, as well as home buyers. This is an exciting new market for us and we'll continue to innovate to make it the best experience on the web."
Consumers can utilize a wide range of tools to find the best place to rent -- key functionality at the time of launch includes:
- Smarter Decisions -- The decision whether to rent or buy is often a complex decision that requires intimate knowledge about each alternative. To help guide consumers through this process, Trulia offers a Rent vs. Buy calculator and Expert Renters' Guides such as: 10 Questions to ask a building manager when touring a rental, How much rent can you really afford?. Consumers can also post questions in the Trulia Voices community to get answers from the largest real estate community on the Internet.
- Local Ratings and Information -- Users can rate local areas on 12 different traits including parking, cleanliness, safety, public transport and weather, along with many more topics. They can also see information about nearby schools, local amenities and businesses provided by Trulia partners Greatschools.net and Yelp.com.
- Advanced Search -- Consumers want flexibility when they search for a place to live. Trulia gives people the ability to search by keywords (i.e. pool, waterfront, covered parking) multiple locations and custom ranges, as well as the capability to search by location, map and radius.
- Search on the Go -- Having the ability to search anytime, anywhere is critical today. Consumers can easily search for a place to rent or buy on Trulia's mobile Web site, which is compatible with iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and other mobile devices.
- Personalization -- Finding a new apartment or house is a very personal decision. Trulia gives consumers the ability to save communities and individual rental listings, easily send favorites to friends and family members via Trulia or Facebook, and sign up for real-time email alerts about new rental properties that match their saved search criteria.
Market Your Rental Listings on Trulia
Brokers or property managers marketing a large number of listings should contact Trulia at [email protected] for details about submitting a data feed. Anyone with one or a small number of listings can submit through Trulia's Single Listing Submit http://www.trulia.com/submit_listings/ program, which allows users to submit, manage, edit, and track their properties.
About Trulia, Inc.
Trulia.com is the most comprehensive real estate site focused on empowering you with smarter tools to help you find a better home. Whether you are an active buyer, seller, renter or real estate enthusiast, we give you all the information you care about, from rich property data to a personalized search experience. We are focused on helping you find the home that truly meets your needs and will deliver the knowledge and information you want. For you, we've built a smart real estate search engine that brings together local information, community insights, market data and national listings all in one place.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:Trulia,real estate,rentals,home buying,home search,rental search engine,rent or buy,USA,Marketwire,Apple Computer,Lifestyle,Internet Technology,Internet,Email,Family,Other,