|Page (1) of 1 - 11/24/04||email article||print page|
TrendWatch Releases Studio Cost Allocation ReportFinds adding new employees and freelancers is largest cost category (November 24, 2004)
TrendWatch Inc., a leading market information company for the pro-video, visual effects, content creation and graphics markets, today announced the availability of its "Cost Allocation Report," a comprehensive 50-page special report on how U.S. studios allocate costs when adding new capabilities to their operations. Based on original TrendWatch research conducted with a wide range of U.S. studios and facilities, this special report includes detailed and timely data, and expert analysis that are crucial to decision makers involved in today's rapidly growing video and effects industry.
"Today's studios are facing difficult decisions on how they invest in talent, technology and physical facilities," says Jim Whittington, TrendWatch founding partner. "Given the importance that studios and their clients place on their capabilities and their people, understanding how costs are allocated for return on investment (ROI) is crucial for studios and the suppliers that sell to them."
The cost allocation data contained in this report is some of the first syndicated research of its kind, and is an invaluable resource for industry suppliers and analysts. In the "Cost Allocation Report," TrendWatch writers and experts discuss industry cost allocation and present specific conclusions and recommendations for industry suppliers, educators, trainers, studio and facility owners and managers, and industry analysts.
Some of the key findings in this report include:
* Adding new employees and freelancers is the biggest cost allocation category.
* Adding new software applications and upgrades are the second biggest cost category for new capabilities - 15% of studios' annual cost allocations are for adding new capabilities.
* 19% of studios' annual cost allocation for adding new capabilities is for hiring new people.
* The larger studios have higher cost allocation for adding new employees and freelancers.
* For studios with 20+ employees, 29% of annual cost allocations for new capabilities are for hiring new people.
* Smaller studios (less than 10 employees) allocate a higher percentage for new software applications than big studios.
* Freelancers allocate 19% of their budget to new software applications and upgrades, while studios with one to four employees allocate 13%, and studios with 20+ employees allocate only 8% of their annual cost allocation budget for new software applications and upgrades.
* Four cost categories (people, new software, video editing/compositing systems, hardware peripherals) accounted for over half (58%) of studios' annual cost allocation for new capabilities.
Some of the cost allocation categories included in this report include: design/creation workstations; editing/compositing systems; hardware peripherals/video cards; internal network upgrades/storage; new software applications; new employees and freelancers; training; tech support and maintenance; physical facilities (furniture, space, etc.); software scripts and customization; and new software add-ons and plug-ins.
TrendWatch reports are based on comprehensive surveys and research with today's animation and visual effects studios, postproduction facilities, audio recording/mixing studios, video editing/recording studios, independent filmmakers, corporate film and video companies, production companies, broadcast/cable studios and Web/interactive media companies. TrendWatch research methodology has been carefully developed to ensure that the studios and facilities responding to TrendWatch surveys are representative of the overall market demographics. TrendWatch market information is from primary quantitative market research designed to show trends and changes in the industry segments and markets.
Pricing and Availability
The TrendWatch "Cost Allocation Report" is available now for USD $575. This report is only published in electronic Adobe Acrobat PDF format, and is available in the TrendWatch eStore. For more information and details on this report's contents, key findings and excerpts from this research, please visit www.trendwatch.com/special.html. To order, please visit the TrendWatch eStore or contact TrendWatch at (415) 380-8561 or via email at [email protected].
TrendWatch is among the most trusted and respected market information brands in the professional graphics industries. Since 1996, TrendWatch has provided an independent resource for tracking on-going business metrics. TrendWatch reports are based on original market research with studio/facility business owners/executives and used by leading suppliers and analysts.
For more information, please visit the company's Web site at www.trendwatch.com.
Related Keywords:TrendWatch, Cost Allocation Report, visual effects, Jim Whittington, workstations, compositing, research,