|Page (1) of 1 - 11/29/11||email article||print page|
Toshiba Announces New Wireless SIP DECT Telephones, Bringing More Mobility Choices to Users of Toshiba's IPedge and Strata CIX IP Communication Systems(November 29, 2011)
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/11 -- Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba -- www.telecom.toshiba.com), today announced the addition of the Toshiba IP4000 series wireless SIP DECT telephones to its line of IP telephones, bringing more mobility choices to users of Toshiba's IPedge and Strata® CIX IP business communication systems. The new IP 4000-series telephone solution is now available nationwide from Authorized Toshiba Dealers.
"We are now offering a new wireless SIP DECT telephone solution for Toshiba's IPedge and Strata CIX IP business telephone systems, giving users more choices to meet their mobility needs," said Eric Abing, product manager, Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "The IP4000 series solution provides a cost-effective in-building wireless solution built on proven DECT 6.0 technology and offers many features that customers are asking for today, including a two-inch color display and longer talk time for the IP4100 model."
Available now, the IP4000 series includes:
- Complete in-building mobility solution supporting up to 200 handsets and 40 access points (bases);
- Support of 8-10 simultaneous call sessions per base;
- Seamless roaming between bases in a multi-base configuration;
- Single-base or multi-base configuration providing coverage and expansion as needed;
- Longer talk time between charges as compared to competitive models;
- True on-site mobility that improves efficiency and productivity;
- Over-air base synchronization, which provides extended wireless coverage;
- A cost-effective in-building wireless solution built on proven technology (DECT6.0);
- Crystal-clear speech, seamless handover and secure air interface through secure encryption;
- Handsets that support more than 20 hours talk time and 200 hours standby time in normal operations;
- High-definition voice features via high-quality speaker and microphone handset design;
- A powerful Web-based management tool that simplifies administration and installation; and
- Easy-use design with support for soft key and four programmable feature keys.
Now available, the IP4100-DECT Handset features:
- Two-inch color TFT back-lit display;
- Li-ion battery for long talk time and standby time;
- Wideband Voice (HDSP) Basic and Extended operations;
- Over-air feature upgrade support;
- DECT 6.0 frequency support with encryption;
- Back-lit keypad for easy operation in low-lit environments;
- Laser-etched keypad numbers for extended life use;
- Three soft keys for ease of operation;
- Four programmable feature keys for flexibility in operations;
- 2.5mm headset jack;
- Polyphonic ringer support;
- Vibration ring support;
- Additional battery charging station in handset charger;
- High-quality speaker phone; and
- Belt clip.
The IP4100-BASE (access points) features:
- Attractive design;
- Power over Ethernet support;
- Omni-directional internal antenna for flexible installation options;
- Antenna diversity switching to avoid interference;
- Frequency range of 1920-1930mhz with Wi-Fi avoidance technology;
- Colored LED status indication for ease of installation and operation;
- Simple installation via Web GUI interface; and
- Built-in trouble-shooting tools.
The IP4000 series is compatible with the entire family of Toshiba IPedge and Strata CIX IP business telephone systems.
Pricing & Availability
Prices vary by model selected. The new Toshiba IP 4000-series telephones are available through Authorized Toshiba Dealers. To find an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit the Toshiba Web site at www.telecom.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation.
Toshiba is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba's Web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2011 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1814543
Toshiba PR Contact:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: VoIP, Toshiba phone systems, unified communications, IPedge business phone systems, wireless SIP phones, Pro Audio, Display, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Blu-ray/HD DVD, Microphone, Phone, DVD Hardware, Marketing, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Appliances, Internet Technology, Business, Family,