|Page (1) of 1 - 01/03/12||email article||print page|
Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited Implements Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to Enhance Billing Processes(January 03, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/03/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited (Toronto Hydro) -- one of the largest municipal electric distribution utilities in Canada delivering power to approximately 705,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers across the city of Toronto -- implemented Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to enhance its billing processes.
- Toronto Hydro replaced a legacy customer information system (CIS) with Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to meet new requirements resulting from modernizing the distribution and meter-to-cash infrastructure.
- In Ontario, many retailers sell power to customers directly, but use the utility to deliver all power and manage all billing services. Using the Oracle solution, Toronto Hydro can more effectively manage transactions between retailers and utilities.
- With Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing's pre-billing edit functionality, Toronto Hydro can improve bill accuracy by identifying and resolving many issues before sending bills to its customers -- ultimately improving the overall customer experience.
- Using Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, the utility can more easily integrate customer self-service options, such as basic account information, online bill payments and move-in/move-out service adjustments.
- "Distribution utilities today face the formidable challenge of maintaining customer care quality and sustaining timely billing and collecting activities in the midst of extensive industry change. Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing provides a foundation to comply with Ontario regulations and improve billing functionality. The solution harnesses a complete view of customer data, streamlines billing processes and enables more responsive customer service," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, asset management, Storage, Productivity Applications, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Services, Software, Misc, Database, Pro Asset Management, Other Applications, Utilities, Data Management, Other, Business Intelligence, IT Management, Law & Regulations, Tools, Management, Canada, Toronto, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Business, Other,