|Page (1) of 1 - 01/31/11||email article||print page|
Topsy Social Analytics Captures Trending LinksPublishers & Marketers Can Now Use Topsy's Free Analytics Offering to Make Smarter Content Decisions Based on Keyword and Domain Queries (January 31, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/11 --
Core News Facts:
- Topsy, the realtime search leader, today announced the launch of Topsy Social Analytics, a free analytics tool enabling marketers and publishers to identify and quantify what keywords, terms and URLs are trending within the social web.
- Topsy Social Analytics can be used to get insights into areas like:
- Top trending links -- identify what stories and pages on your site are trending
- Competitive analysis -- understand what links are trending within your competitor's sites
- Historical trends -- uncover historical trends from up to two weeks for three keywords or domains at a time
- Topsy Social Analytics quantifies several data points that are used to describe trending curves found within each query, including:
- Number of influencers -- a measure of influence across the social web
- Velocity -- a measure of the speed at which a link's popularity is increasing, independent of the link's overall popularity
- Momentum -- a measure of the combined popularity of a link and the speed at which that popularity is increasing
- Peak period -- the period that had the highest number of tweets over the past 24 hours
- Topsy processes over half a billion queries per month, with some of these queries related to its unique trending metrics. The analytics user interface is designed to allow easy & free access to Topsy's trending metrics, with an expanded analytics offering slated to roll-out later this year.
- Topsy search results typically pick up news stories that are breaking, way before traditional search engines, which use standard page citation methods. As recent examples, news of the Pakistan earthquake showed up on Topsy way before standard search engines.
- Publishers can use Topsy Social Analytics to help make decisions around ranking content within a page based upon what is being said across the social web. Here's a comparison of top trending stories on techcrunch.com vs. mashable.com: http://analytics.topsy.com/?q=techcrunch.com,mashable.com.
- Marketers can use Topsy Social Analytics to identify what links from their domains, along with their competitors' domains, are trending. Here's a trend of iPhone, Android, along with the top trending links mentioning either device: http://analytics.topsy.com/?q=iphone,android.
- Media and consumers can use Topsy to quickly identify what content is trending on the social web, who has commented on content they've published and which of these people are influencers. Here's a fun example comparing Kara Swisher, Michael Arrington and Robert Scoble: http://analytics.topsy.com/?q=kara%20swisher,michael%20arrington,robert%20scoble.
- To access Topsy Social Analytics, go to: http://analytics.topsy.com.
Vipul Ved Prakash, Co-Founder & CEO, Topsy
While publishers have some understanding of what's going on within their domains via metrics like page views, clicks and conversion, most struggle to understand what's happening around their domain, name and brand across the web. Specifically they need insight into what's trending now relative to historical benchmarks. Our Social Analytics offering will provide marketers and publishers with valuable information about what is most attractive to their audience so they can better market their content.
Eddie Smith, Chief Revenue Officer, Topsy
The social analytics space is really crowded now with vendors who track campaign performance, measure sentiment and display the number of tweets over limited periods of time. The publishers we talk to daily are looking for more -- they need a reliable source of quantifiable metrics that show what links related to keyword and domain queries are trending on and off their domains. Topsy Social Analytics solves this problem & provides publishers with valuable metrics to help decision content.
About Realtime Search:
- The social web is changing how consumers are exposed to and consume content. According to Twitter, 100 million tweets are created each day (as of Dec. 2010), with about 25 percent of these tweets containing links.
- Today's most important (and fastest growing source of) content is being created and shared by key influencers within the social web. As a result, social graphs are quickly replacing PageRank as the new "signal" for what is relevant.
- Topsy search results are powered by people tweeting about content within the social web, ranked by influence so that consumers have relevant, realtime results that correspond to the keyword, article or topic they are looking for.
- Topsy's platform is designed for true web-scale search and powered by the largest searchable index of Twitter data in the world. Publishers are turning to Topsy to power realtime social content on their sites.
- Topsy makes realtime data from the social web relevant and provides superior search results that are noise-free, scalable and brand-safe -- increasing engagement and monetization rates.
Topsy is a realtime search engine powered by the social web. Unlike traditional web search engines, Topsy provides the most influential search results ranked by millions of people. By searching links, tweets and other user generated content, Topsy brings consumers the freshest, most valuable content on the social web. Headquartered in San Francisco and founded in 2006, Topsy is backed by BlueRun Ventures, Ignition Partners, Founders Fund and Scott Banister. For more information visit: www.topsy.com.
415 684 9406
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Topsy, Displays, Internet, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, iPods, iphone, Search, Social Media, Internet, Search, Search Engines, Pakistan, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Geology, Web Search, pakistan, Other,