|Page (1) of 1 - 12/06/11||email article||print page|
Topsy Labs Names Duncan Greatwood as New Chief Executive OfficerTechnology Industry Veteran Joins Company to Lead Growth Strategy (December 06, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/06/11 --
Core News Facts:
- Topsy Labs, the realtime search and analytics platform powered by the world's largest searchable index of Twitter and Google+, today announced it has hired Duncan Greatwood as its new CEO.
- Duncan brings over twenty years of executive leadership experience in high-growth, technology companies and has a unique blend of sales, marketing, operations and technical prowess that will benefit the company's future growth.
- He most recently worked at Cisco and was previously the founder and CEO of PostPath, which was acquired by Cisco for $220M in 2008.
- He also served in a variety of executive positions with industry-leading companies Virata and Madge Networks.
- Co-founder and former CEO, Vipul Ved Prakash, will take on the role of Chief Technology Officer and continue as a technical visionary, providing leadership over Topsy Labs' technology platform and product engineering.
- Topsy Labs is experiencing strong demand for its realtime search and analytics products and services from organizations around the globe, and Duncan will focus on scaling the company, its products and its service offerings.
Duncan Greatwood, CEO, Topsy
"I'm thrilled to join the Topsy team. Topsy's ability to index and extract intelligence in realtime from the social web at a massive scale is unparalleled and makes Topsy one of the most exciting and important technology companies in the industry today. I look forward to helping Topsy capitalize on the huge market opportunities for its platform and expand its business."
Vipul Ved Prakash, Co-Founder & CTO, Topsy
"We are excited to have Duncan join the team as CEO. His track record, industry expertise and leadership skills make him a perfect fit to lead Topsy through its next phase of growth."
About Topsy Labs:
Topsy Labs is a realtime search and analytics platform powered by the social web. Unlike traditional web search engines, Topsy Labs' technology calculates the most relevant search results by applying its influence algorithm. By searching links, posts and other content produced from millions of people each day, Topsy brings consumers and businesses the freshest, most valuable metrics and content from the social web. Headquartered in San Francisco and founded in 2006, Topsy is backed by BlueRun Ventures, Ignition Partners, Founders Fund and Scott Banister. For more information visit: www.topsylabs.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Topsy Labs, Internet, Web, Search, Social Media, Sales, Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Search, Search Engines, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Business, Web Search, Other,