|Page (1) of 1 - 12/12/11||email article||print page|
Top Ten Wireless Predictions for 2012Prospects of a Double-Dip Recession Threaten Smart Device Market, Finds New Report Available as a Complimentary Download From the Juniper Research Website (December 12, 2011)
HAMPSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/11 -- As 2011 draws to a close Juniper Research has drawn up a list of predictions for the coming year, all neatly wrapped up as the top trends for the mobile and wireless industry for 2012. A complimentary report detailing the findings is available to download from the Juniper website today.
Recession Likely to Hit Smart Device Sales
There is a strong possibility that recessionary conditions will have an adverse impact on smartphone and tablet sales, particularly in the case of unsubsidised devices. Juniper's view is that, given the extent to which smartphones have already become a near "must-have" device, the impact here will be less significant than for tablets, where it may well reduce the extent to which these devices penetrate the wider market, notably across Western Europe. The effect will be most acutely felt in the premium tablet sector, where net device sales could plateau or even decline.
Conversely, the reduction in average purchasing power could conceivably benefit players such as Amazon and ARCHOS, inasmuch as cash-strapped consumers may opt for the lower-priced Kindle Fire or an ARNOVA-branded device rather than the iPad.
Top Ten Wireless Predictions for 2012
Please see below for a full list of the top ten wireless predictions, with each prediction explained in more detail in the complete download available here.
1. Recession Likely to Hit Smart Device Sales
2. London 2012 to Boost Mobile Advertising and M-Gambling, and Kickstart NFC
3. Mobile Coupons to Drive mCommerce Market Despite Economic Stagnation
4. 2012 - The Year of the Quad-Core Processor
5. Windows 8 OS to Fuel Nokia Revival & Disrupt Tablet Market
6. 2012 to see High Profile Malware Attacks on Mobile Devices
7. MEMs Accelerometers and Gyroscopes to Transform Sensor Market for Mobile Devices
8. Social Gaming to Become a Major Mobile Play with Introduction of Synchronous Gaming
9. Online, Mobile and Physical Will Begin to Fuse into One Retail Market
10. Cloud Mobility to Drive Collaborative Communications
About Juniper Research
Juniper Research provides research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector, providing consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: top ten predictions for mobile 2012, top ten trends smart device , Communications, Smart Phone, Sales, Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Business Issues, Sales, Sales, OS (Operating System), Western Europe, Marketwire, , england,