|Page (1) of 1 - 05/30/02||email article||print page|
Toon Boom Offers Free Mac UpgradeMac users to get version 2.0 free with 1.2 purchase
Last week we reported that Toon Boom Studio 2.0 for the Mac is currently in development, and the company still has not provided a specific launch date for the new version. It was released for Windows May 22.
Toon Boom Studio 2 introduces several new features to the animation suite. According to the company, the new version focuses more heavily on a cinematic approach to content creation, with the view of the work constantly through the camera lens. It features an exposure sheet, a timeline, a rotating light table, peg and drawing and painting tools, as well as a virtual 3D environment.
Version 2 introduces new lip synch features that allow the user to correlate mouth shapes with phonemes and apply the shapes automatically to the right frames without additional software. Other new features include:
- Color transform and clipping effects.
- Different appearances for first and last keyframe on a motion path.
- Copy and paste motion point properties.
- Import, organize and synchronize all drawing, image, bitmap, sound and multimedia files in the Exposure Sheet.
- Track the timing of each object and maximize reuse of recurring images.
- Create a storyboard with the Exposure Sheet and convert it into animatic.
- Draw with a Polyline tool to create closed, vector shapes of any dimension.
- Paint vector shapes with bitmap textures.
- Auto-gap closing for speed painting.
- Optimize vector shapes for output to the Web.
- Improved stroke identifying.
- Sound scrubbing.
- Support for sound streaming.
- Export media links as Macromedia Flash movie clips.
- QuickTime export includes all sound modification.
- Improved optimization options for SWF output.
Version 2 is available now for Windows, and we'll keep you posted on developments on the Mac front. At present, the version 2 price is $374 for the boxed version, $349 for the download version. Upgrades run $129 and $99 for the boxed and download versions, respectively. For more information, visit http://www.toonboomstudio.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Toon Boom Offers Free Upgrade