|Page (1) of 1 - 11/16/10||email article||print page|
'Tis the Season for Remote Working: Egnyte Survey Finds Most Small Business Professionals Will Work Over HolidaysLeading Provider of Cloud File Server Solutions Launches New Android Application and Reveals New Survey Results About Holiday Working (November 16, 2010)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/16/10 -- This holiday season, small business professionals will add one more item to their holiday to-do list: work. Eight in 10 professionals say they plan to work during the upcoming holiday vacations, according to a new survey from Egnyte, a leading provider of cloud file server solutions. The survey revealed a vast majority of people (90 percent) plan to work from their smartphones -- three-fourths will use document apps most often.
To keep up with growing demand for its cloud file server capabilities, Egnyte is strengthening its Egnyte Everywhere mobile suite by launching a new Android application that allows users to access, create, edit and delete files remotely and sync changes to a central file server, making it easier for professionals to work on-the-go this holiday season and beyond.
"The beauty of cloud technology is that it can dramatically increase productivity," said Vineet Jain, CEO of Egnyte. "During the holiday season, professionals will be juggling work and personal priorities, and thus will need tools to help them make the most of their time. The Egnyte Everywhere mobile suite, with the addition of our new Android application, makes it easy for anyone to quickly access and work on files from any location, leaving more time for family and friends."
Built on Egnyte's innovative Local Cloud framework, the Egnyte Android application provides users the ability to develop, edit, and delete files -- and even allows users to share multiple files via links or attachments with a unique expiration feature that can limit link access by date or by the number of clicks. Each time a file is opened, Egnyte creates a local copy on the Android device to ensure that, despite the loss of a network connection, users can continue working on files. Egnyte also ensures that all edits will be saved back to the file server.
"Since my law practice is completely paperless, it's critical for me and my staff to securely and easily access files on the go," said Ronny Buni, owner, The Law Offices of Ronny Buni. "With Egnyte as our filing system, we can access our files anywhere we have an internet connection and a laptop. With the new Android application, I'll be able to use commuting and other travel time to get results for my clients. Egnyte has always improved its product and adapted to our business needs. We can't wait to start using the new Android app."
The Egnyte survey showed how pervasive mobile work has become, especially over the holidays:
- The vast majority of small business professionals (82 percent) plan to work during the upcoming holidays
- Of those, 73 percent said they will work on Thanksgiving; 87 percent said they will be working during the December holidays (Christmas, Hanukah or Kwanza) and 55 percent planned to work on New Year's Eve or Day
- 80 percent will work in their home office, while 31 percent will work at the home of an extended family member, and 31 percent will work while on the road
- Only 24 percent plan to work at the office over the holidays
- Eighty-three percent said they plan to access work data using a smartphone, with the iPhone, Android and BlackBerry leading the pack for the most popular devices
- Nearly eight in 10 (79 percent) will use their device "when they can get away with it" this holiday season; 12 percent will use it during the drive to Grandmother's house, and only four percent will check it at the dinner table
- Seventy-six percent said they would access work data using a laptop, while 18 percent will use a tablet device
- Most people (70 percent) put the iPad on top of their holiday wish list, with 30 percent saying they are hoping for an Android tablet
- Looking ahead to 2011, most predict Apple's iPhone and iPad will be the biggest winner in the market next year
For the full survey results visit http://portal.sliderocket.com/AHJJM/Egnyte-Holiday-Survey-Results. To learn more about Egnyte's offerings -- including the new Android application -- visit www.egnyte.com.
About the Study
Egnyte conducted the study from October 19, 2010 to October 28, 2010. More than 350 mobile business professionals answered an online survey by Zoomerang.
Egnyte is a leading provider of cloud file server solutions for enterprises, small businesses and professionals. Egnyte was founded in 2006 and is privately financed. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. For more information, please visit www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE.
Emily Borders for Egnyte
(415) 963-4174 ext. 1
egnyte (at) bordersgratehouse.com
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Cloud Computing, Cloud Storage, Cloud File Server, Holiday Work, Small Business Holiday Work, Computers/Peripherals,Home,Family,Internet,Notebook/Laptop,Tablets,Family,Home Office,Computers/Home Office,Communications,Digital Audio,Web,Notebooks,Networks,Hard Drives & Storage,Smart Phone,PDA,iPods,iphone,iPad,Family,Storage,Internet,Misc,Internet/Web,Business,Internet,Law,PDA/Smartphone,Storage,Marketwire,Apple Computer,Internet Technology,Business,Internet,Family,Business Professionals,Other,