|Page (1) of 1 - 07/10/01||email article||print page|
Time to ShineTrapcode releases volumetric plug-in for After Effects (July 10, 2001)
According to Peter Norby (founder and programmer), Shine is very simple to implement in AE, “You set a source-point, and it will blur the image radially outward from that point with built-in transfer modes making your animations literally shine. The effect looks very much like volumetric light, but is actually a 2D effect. There are special controls to make shimmering lights and numerous coloring modes.”
Incidentally, Norby was also one of the programmers of Cycore’s Cult Effects, which has since been incorporated into the latest release of Adobe After Effects.
• Available both for Mac and Windows
• Works in 16bit (AE5 PB) and 8bit per channel color depths
• Fast rendering
• Special controls to make shimmering lights (loopable)
• Numerous coloring options including 3- and 5-color gradients
• Tweakable coloring presets
• Extensive documentation: Manual and Tutorials
• Built-in transfer modes, threshold and circular mask to maximize your workflow
Shine is available now for both the Mac and PC platforms for an introductory price of $49.00 until August 2001, at which time the price will increase to $79.00. A demo version is also availabe.
For more information, visit www.trapcode.com
Related Keywords:Trapcode, Shine, adobe after effects, plug-in, post production, volumetric light, Peter Norby, cycore, programmer
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved