|Page (1) of 1 - 06/26/12||email article||print page|
Ticketfly Introduces Ticketfly Causes: A Fundraising and Volunteerism Program for the Live Events and Music CommunityInitiative to Engage Fans, Employees and Clients to Give Back (June 26, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/26/12 --
- Ticketfly, the social ticketing platform, today announced the launch of Ticketfly Causes, a new program that will support and encourage charitable partnerships through giving and volunteerism across the company's growing community of consumers, employees and clients.
- The goal of the program is to further the awareness of, and service to, not-for-profit organizations that are important to Ticketfly and the broader live events and music community.
- Ticketfly Causes encompasses giving initiatives at three levels:
- Company: Since the company's founding, Ticketfly has worked closely with several non-profits. The new program expands on that work and reflects a deeper commitment to the causes closest to the company and the broader community. Through Ticketfly Causes, Ticketfly is partnering with a select group of organizations that share the company's commitment to promoting the power of live events to do good and give back. Initial Ticketfly partners will include Sweet Relief Musicians Fund and HeadCount.
- Employees: With the launch of Ticketfly Causes, employees will receive up to 24 hours of paid time off each year to volunteer for non-profit organizations which they are passionate about, and be able to participate in the company's donation matching program, which encourages employees to support causes through direct financial assistance. Through an online community created by Ticketfly, employees will be encouraged to share stories about their community volunteer work.
- Clients: Ticketfly will help its growing roster of clients to support non-profit causes in their local communities. Already, Ticketfly clients are able to use the Ticketfly platform to promote charity events, including collecting donations from fans during the ticket purchase process.
- Fans: The program will also encourage music fans and ticket buyers to contribute time and money to causes that are dear to them. Ticketfly will enable donations to these organizations during the ticket purchase process and via the company's Facebook page.
- Ticketfly Causes is launching in partnership with two organizations:
- Sweet Relief Musicians Fund is an organization that provides financial assistance to career musicians struggling with illness. Sweet Relief chose Ticketfly as its sole partner in A Night of Sweet Relief, the organization's annual fundraising event taking place in October 2012. During the 2011 event, Ticketfly's top clients across the country donated $1 for each ticket sold that day, which Ticketfly matched. The company will also be a partner for the launch of Sweet Relief's Musicians Cancer Fund.
- HeadCount is a grassroots not-for-profit that uses the power of music to register voters and raise political awareness. Ticketfly will help increase HeadCount's visibility at music venues across the country. Venues like The 9:30 Club, Crescent Ballroom, The Vogue, Merriweather Post Pavilion and The Capitol Theater, as well as festivals like the Virgin Mobile FreeFest will work with HeadCount to encourage voter registration leading up to the 2012 presidential election.
- The launch of Ticketfly Causes comes during a time of momentous growth for the company. In 2011, Ticketfly doubled its client base, revenue and staff, and introduced product innovations to help music fans, promoters and venues maximize their social ticketing efforts. In May 2012, Ticketfly was named the SF Bay Area's Fastest Growing Company by the San Francisco Business Times.
- To learn more and get involved, please visit www.ticketfly.com/causes.
Dan Teree, Co-Founder, President & COO, Ticketfly
"Ticketfly Causes represents a major step forward for Ticketfly as a company. Most importantly, this initiative brings our employees, clients and fans together in common cause to give back to our respective communities. Serving the missions of dynamic organizations like Sweet Relief and HeadCount will only magnify our efforts. A major reason why we founded Ticketfly was not only to create the most powerful social ticketing platform, but to build a company that stood for something more: namely to harness the power and passion of live entertainment to make a difference."
Rob Max, Executive Director, Sweet Relief Musicians Fund
"Sweet Relief is thrilled to be working closely with Ticketfly. We've consistently been impressed with the quality and passion of their team and are eager to harness the company's energy and deep relationships across the music industry to serve career musicians in need. The fact that they're growing like wildfire doesn't hurt either!"
Andy Bernstein, Executive Director, HeadCount
"Ticketfly is a forward-thinking company that works with many of the same venues and promoters that regularly host HeadCount volunteers, so this was a natural fit. Since working together, Ticketfly has already added valuable partners to our roster, such as Wonder Ballroom and Riot Fest Chicago. We're honored to have presence at these venues and events and to become an extension of the Ticketfly team. We very much look forward to seeing this partnership develop and foster even more cooperation within the music industry to serve the greater good."
Ticketfly is a cloud-based social ticketing platform for professional event promoters and venues. The Ticketfly platform provides integrated ticketing, website, social marketing, email and analytics tools that streamline operations and increase ticket sales. Ticketfly was founded by the team that first brought event ticketing to the Web. For more information visit ticketfly.com. Connect with Ticketfly on Facebook at facebook.com/ticketfly, or follow the company on Twitter at twitter.com/ticketfly.
HeadCount stages voter registration drives at concerts and runs programs that translate the power of music into real action. By reaching young people and music fans where they already are, at concerts and online, HeadCount makes civic participation easy and fun. Since 2004, the organization has registered over 200,000 voters and built a huge volunteer network that registers voters at as many as 1,000 concerts a year. You'll find them at more live music events than any non-profit in the world. To learn more, visit www.headcount.org.
About Sweet Relief:
Sweet Relief Musicians Fund provides financial assistance to all types of career musicians who are struggling to make ends meet while facing illness, disability, or age-related problems. In other words, Healing Musicians in Need. Sweet Relief was founded in 1993 and for the past 18 years has been offering vital assistance to professional musical artists in need. Many prominent musicians, professionals and music fans have contributed enthusiastically to Sweet Relief Musicians Fund. Benefits have been performed in venues from Miami to Seattle, with performances donated by many established and emerging artists. Nightclubs, concert halls, radio stations, internet sites, restaurants, clothing and shoe companies, music retailers, athletes, actors, corporations, foundations and music fans have all participated with Sweet Relief to assist struggling musicians. To learn more, visit www.sweetrelief.com.
Ticketfly Press Contact:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Ticketfly, Marketwire, Financial, Restaurants, Music, Theater, Internet Technology, Cancer, Business, Entertainment, Internet, Email, Other,