|Page (1) of 1 - 01/09/12||email article||print page|
TiVo Continues to Improve Customer Experience With New Software ReleaseTiVo Service Update Enhances Search, Guide, and Program Information so Users Can More Quickly Find and Discover the Best Entertainment That TV and the Web Has to Offer (January 09, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/12 -- TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), the creator of and a leader in television services including digital video recorders (DVRs) today announced that it continues to improves its TV experience with a new software release to TiVo® Premiere DVRs. This is another in a series of software releases for the TiVo Premiere DVR platform.
This software release brings changes in several different areas including:
Improved Live TV Experience
- New HD Guide - The TiVo Guide is now in HD making it crisp, clear and fast. The design lets you find your live TV shows even quicker. Use of picture in graphics allows you to watch your show while browsing the guide. HD guide is available in both traditional "Grid Guide" format as well as TiVo "Live Guide" which lets you see what is on the current channel for much of the day in one screen.
- New Information Banner (Previously Channel Banner) - The screen providing information about the current channel has been redesigned with a crisper look. The system provides information about the channel in one of two sizes and TiVo automatically selects which size to use. The standard size shows up when you first tune to a channel or start to play a recording or program download. The full banner shows up if the user explicitly requests information about the channel.
- New Mini-guide - Live TV now has a mini-guide that displays shows that are currently playing or coming up next on the current channel and the next three channels in guide listing.
- Multiple Tuner Icons - There are now "multiple tuner" icons in the full info banner. When that is highlighted, it shows what is playing and recording on the DVR's other tuners. If you'd rather watch one of those shows, you can easily select it to get to your other tuners.
Instantly stream shows between TiVo Premiere DVRs
- Allows users with more than one TiVo Premiere DVR in their house to stream content between them. This means instant access to any part of a show no matter where it is recorded. It also allows multi-room access to most "Premium" content.
- Search for Channel - TiVo search now integrates Hulu Plus so you can search across live TV and TiVo's complete library of broadband content. For the first time, you can now search for a channel by call sign (e.g., CNBC) within TiVo Search.
- Easier navigation to Episodes - New Episode guide shows only episodes available in broadband or broadcast TV by default making access to shows more clear and even easier. You can use an option button on the remote to change the filter to show all episodes, available or not, or only free episodes (Episodes not requiring a per episode purchase).
Discovery Bar - Re-designed Discovery Bar shows short "recommended reasons" text below each image in the bar so that users can tell why a show is recommended without having to navigate to it.
More Fluid Navigation - The new software also allows users to navigate through the user experience more quickly. This is one installment of a continued effort to make the user experience even better.
In addition to the features listed above, TiVo also announced today that its popular TiVo® App is now available on Android phones and select tablets -- providing the TiVo user experience to even more consumers, including those with the new Amazon Kindle Fire. To learn more about the app visit www.tivo.com/android.
About TiVo Inc.
Founded in 1997, TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO) developed the first commercially available digital video recorder (DVR). TiVo offers the TiVo service and TiVo DVRs directly to consumers online at www.tivo.com and through third-party retailers. TiVo also distributes its technology and services through solutions tailored for cable, satellite and broadcasting companies. Since its founding, TiVo has evolved into the ultimate single solution media center by combining its patented DVR technologies and universal cable box capabilities with the ability to aggregate, search, and deliver millions of pieces of broadband, cable, and broadcast content directly to the television. An economical, one-stop-shop for in-home entertainment, TiVo's intuitive functionality and ease of use puts viewers in control by enabling them to effortlessly navigate the best digital entertainment content available through one box, with one remote, and one user interface, delivering the most dynamic user experience on the market today. TiVo also continues to weave itself into the fabric of the media industry by providing interactive advertising solutions and audience research and measurement ratings services to the television industry www.tivo.com
TiVo, TiVo Logo, and Trick Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. or its subsidiaries worldwide. ©2011 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: TiVo, Broadcast,Digital,Display,Broadcast Technology,Broadcast,HDTV,Software,Marketwire, Inc., ,Television,Internet Technology,Entertainment,Other,