|Page (1) of 1 - 10/18/11||email article||print page|
Three Weeks, Three Conferences and Three Perspectives of a G.hn Future for Smart Homes From HomeGrid ForumSeries of Conferences Showcase Breadth of Interest in HomeGrid Forum's Smart Homes and Home Networking Achievements (October 18, 2011)
BEAVERTON, OR -- (Marketwire) -- 10/18/11 --
- HomeGrid Forum thought leaders are speaking at three events in San Francisco, London and San Jose
- HomeGrid Forum Board of Directors members from Telefónica and Lantiq present G.hn's compelling technology for Smart Homes, Smart Energy, Multimedia Home Gateways and Smart Home Energy Management
- HomeGrid Forum's roadmap to Certified G.hn products discussed
As interest in the ultra-high performance and single silicon home networking capabilities of G.hn technology grows, the groundswell of demand for G.hn products continues. When products will start to enter the market, as well as what compelling applications will help drive the market and industry ahead, are key areas of discussion. With first certified products due to be announced soon, HomeGrid Forum members have been invited as subject matter experts to speak out, sharing their knowledge and insights with audiences around the world at industry events.
HomeGrid Forum Board members representing operators and vendors are speaking at events in San Francisco and San Jose, CA as well as London, over the next three weeks -- setting out HomeGrid Forum's roadmap to Certified G.hn products, enabling widespread deployment of G.hn systems in 2012 along with discussing how these products will revolutionize and upturn the smart homes, smart energy and broadband home network markets.
Delegates at Smart Energy International in San Francisco, Multimedia Home Gateways in London and the Smart Home Energy Management Summit in San Jose, CA will hear how G.hn's powerline mode, its single silicon home network capabilities, and G.hnem's energy management use will contribute to the smarter home of the future.
- On October 25, 2011, Chano Gomez, co-chair of HomeGrid Forum's Marketing Working Group and Lantiq's representative on the Board of Directors as well as director of new business development for Lantiq, will be speaking as part of the panel "Interoperability and a Closer Look at Standards - How They Can Make or Break Smart Homes" at the Smart Homes Summit at Smart Energy International in San Francisco.
- On November 3, 2011, Rubens Bastos, Telefónica's representative on the HomeGrid Forum Board of Directors and Fixed Devices and Home Networking Manager for Telefonica's Global CTO Office, will speak on the "Technology Development" Panel and also on the "Smart Home" Panel at the CSI Multimedia Home Gateways Summit in London. He will discuss the HomeGrid Forum's Road Map to Certified G.hn Products.
- On November 8, 2011, Chano Gomez will also discuss the aggressive agenda of the HomeGrid Forum to bring G.hn products to market, making effective home networking and Smart Grid applications a step closer to reality, in a session "Discover Why HEM, Smart Appliances and Consumer Engagement are Integral to Smart Grid Success" at the Smart Home Energy Management Summit in San Jose.
About HomeGrid Forum
HomeGrid Forum is a global, non-profit trade group promoting the International Telecommunication Union's G.hn and G.hnem standardization efforts for next-generation home networking and SmartGrid Applications. HomeGrid Forum promotes adoption of G.hn and G.hnem through technical and marketing efforts, addresses certification and interoperability of G.hn and G.hnem-compliant products, and cooperates with complementary industry alliances. For more information on HomeGrid Forum, please visit www.homegridforum.org or follow us on http://twitter.com/homegrid_forum.
For more information please contact:
+44 7899 914168
+44 7986 514240
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: HomeGrid Forum, Home, Networking, Appliances, Computers/Home Office, Web, Networks, Applications, EMail, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Management, CTO/CIO, Marketwire, , Appliances, Business, Email,