|Page (1) of 1 - 06/01/12||email article||print page|
Thousands of Engineers Set to Convene Next Week at the Sensors Expo & Conference Taking Place at the Rosemont Convention CenterWillard Tu From ARM Will Deliver Day Two Keynote Address (June 01, 2012)
NEWTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/01/12 -- Thousands of engineering professionals are expected next week -- June 6-7 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL for the 2012 Sensors Expo & Conference. Attendees will have the opportunity to see the newest technologies for sensors and sensors-related industries from over 150 exhibitors, attend over 60 technical education sessions and hear from industry experts and innovators who will deliver keynote addresses.
"We have a great event planned for our attendees and exhibitors. From our keynote speakers from SENSEable City Laboratory and ARM to our largest exhibitors including ROHM, Epson, Texas Instruments, Freescale, Analog Devices and PCB Piezotronics, our attendees will find wonderful opportunities to learn and network," said Wendy Loew, Group Show Director. "Sensors are the building blocks of many technologies including Energy Harvesting, Big Data & Cloud, MEMS, Wireless and more, and we are excited to continue to be the venue where these foundations are showcased."
Highlights of the event:
- Two days of dynamic keynote presentations: On Wednesday, June 6 from 9-10 am, attendees will have the opportunity to hear from Assaf Biderman, Associate Director of SENSEable City Laboratory. As a research group, SENSEable City, explores the "real-time city" by studying the increasing deployment of sensors and networked hand-held electronics, as well as their relationship to the built environment. Biderman will deliver the Day One keynote presentation "A Human-Computer-City Interface" and present a view of the role sensors and other data capturing methods can play in making new connections between people and the built environment as a way to address some of today's more pressing urban challenges.
On Thursday, June 7 from 9-10 am, Willard Tu, Director of Embedded, ARM will deliver the Day Two Keynote "Sensors, Networks and Software: Innovating the Internet of Things." Willard Tu will discuss the idea of connecting billions of products to the internet. This keynote examines the trends in Sensors, Networks, and Software, the catalysts that will bring about the Internet of Things. These three elements have revolutionized smartphones, mobile computing and soon industrial, medical, security, and other embedded applications.
- Exhibit Floor: Sensors Expo & Conference identifies the latest sensing technologies throughout the exhibit floor with new product announcements, key technology focused areas, such as the Energy Harvesting Pavilion, MEMS Pavilion, Big Data & Cloud Pavilion, and Wireless Pavilion, as well as a showcase of hundreds of products and services. Silver Sponsors of the event are Epson Electronics America and ROHM Semiconductor who will join hundreds of other industry leaders including Texas Instruments, Analog Devices, Libelium, TDK Group, Sensirion, Hoffman & Krippner, HBM, Inc, PCB Piezotronics, and more. For a full list of exhibitors, click here.
- Pre-Conference Symposiums and Conference Program: On Tuesday, June 5 from 9am - 5pm there will be three in-depth symposia: MEMS in the Mainstream: Commercialization and Product Realization-Leveraging the MEMS Infrastructure; Energy Harvesting for Powering Sensors-Tutorials; and Smart Sensors Systems Design. The general conference program will be held on Wednesday and Thursday and is dedicated to exploring the most up-to-date innovations in sensor technology, including Applied Sensing, Big Data & Analytics, Energy Harvesting, Novel Approaches to Measurement & Detection, MEMS, Mobile Sensing, RFID/M2M, Sensor & System Design, and Wireless Sensing.
- Exciting Special Events: Enter the Passport Program to win prizes; visit all participating booths and enter to win at the Sensors Magazine Live Theater raffle bin. Drawings will be held Wednesday, June 6 at 4pm and Thursday, June 7 at 2pm.; Attend the Networking Breakfast Wednesday, June 6 & Thursday, June 7, 8am - 9am prior to keynotes and the Mix & Mingle After Hours Wednesday, June 6 at 5pm at the Hilton Rosemont. The Best of Sensors Expo 2012 Awards presented by Sensors Magazine will be presented Wednesday, June 6 at 3:30pm.
- Take Advantage of the Latest Networking Technology: Sensors Expo, in conjunction with mTribeApps, has introduced the first ever Sensors Expo Mobile App, an interactive, free and downloadable smartphone application designed to enhance the tradeshow experience and provide valuable Sensors Expo information on the go. Available for download in the Android market by searching "Sensors Expo Show," or Scan QR Code for immediate download. The app will be available for download in the Apple iTunes store later this week. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to interact with fellow attendees and exhibitors using Sensors Expo Connection, a tool developed by ARI, the event's registration vendor. Sign in today to get networking.
About Sensors Expo & Conference
Sensors Expo & Conference is the only industry event in North America exclusively focused on sensors and sensor integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership! The Expo & Conference is produced by Questex Media Group, sponsored by ROHM Semiconductor and Epson Electronics America, and supported by the Official Publication Sensors Magazine. Visit www.sensorsexpo.com for the latest information on the 2012 event.
For further information, contact:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: sensors, sensors-related industries, Applied Sensing, Big Data & Analytics, Energy Harvesting, MEMS , Internet, Digital Media Software, Communications, Web, Smart Phone, Applications, Security, Research, Applications, Education, Security, Networking, Internet, Security, Internet Server Applications, Pro AV, Presentors, Internet/Web, Internet, Phone OS, Marketwire, Theater, Internet Technology, Internet, Other,