|Page (1) of 1 - 11/15/11||email article||print page|
Thismoment Raises $7.3 Million in First Institutional Round Led by Sierra Ventures(November 15, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/11 -- Thismoment, Inc. (www.thismoment.com), a digital marketing platform provider for brands and agencies, today announced that it has secured $7.3 million in its first institutional capital round led by Sierra Ventures.
The financing follows more than 18 months of market growth for thismoment, which has seen 1 in 5 of the world's top 100 brands adopt its Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) platform. DEC is a unique solution for managing content, conversation and creative assets across earned, owned and paid media channels. Its rapid adoption by brands has boosted thismoment's revenue more than 300% year-over-year and generated net cash flow positive financial results.
In conjunction with this financing, Sierra's Mark Fernandes will join the thismoment board, along with existing investor Tim Mayhew, managing director at Fenway Partners, a New York based private equity firm. Other thismoment investors/advisors include Shelby Bonnie (founder, CNET), Jason Hirschhorn (MySpace, MTV) and Mika Salmi (Atom Entertainment, Viacom).
- Adoption of DEC by more than 100 Fortune 500 brands, including GM, Toyota, Intel, Samsung, Lenovo, Sony, 20th Century Fox, Disney, American Express, Verizon, Pepsi and Revlon
- Build out of the DEC Distribution Network, with live DECs deployed across:
- Earned media networks YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, MIxi and Orkut;
- Paid media networks Doubleclick, Admob, AOL, MySpace, and
- Owned media networks in the form of corporate sites, brand sites, and microsites
- DEC's delivery of some of the most successful user-generated content contests ever launched on the internet generating hundreds of thousands of user submissions
- DEC's delivery of numerous live online events spanning multiple networks and international markets, with peak usage hitting more than 2 million users over a three-hour period
With the new round of financing, thismoment will expand its operations in the United States and establish new offices in Europe, Latin America and Asia. The funds will also enable thismoment to accelerate DEC platform development and further enhance and expand its DEC Partner Network, which already includes dozens of third-party creative shops, social media agencies, developers and resellers.
Mark Fernandes, Managing Director, Sierra Ventures
"At Sierra, we look for disruptive companies riding global macro trends across mobile and social platforms. Thismoment has built a tremendous SaaS offering to help marketing executives and agencies to manage their social media presence. The rapid customer adoption and world-class management team makes this an exciting investment."
Vince Broady, CEO and Co-Founder, thismoment, Inc.
"Thismoment's mission is to build the world's premier digital marketing platform, and Sierra is the perfect partner to help us achieve this goal. Although we have only been working with them for a few short weeks, Sierra's extensive network, category expertise and strategic insight have already added tremendous value to our company, and we look forward to more of the same in the months and years to come."
Christine Smith, Vice President | Account Director, Proximity
"The DEC platform is very powerful, with strong, easy to implement rich-media engagement tools. DEC works seamlessly across all the leading social channels, enabling Proximity to manage social activities in one interface."
Sarah Hofstetter, Senior Vice President, Emerging Media & Brand Strategy | 360i
"ThisMoment's DEC technology allows us to focus on creating a great consumer experience and telling a compelling brand story, rather than the nuts and bolts of making it work across multiple platforms."
Thismoment's Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC)
- Thismoment's Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) is the first digital marketing platform to enable brands and agencies to scale initiatives across Facebook, YouTube, brand sites, rich media ad units, mobile devices, tablets and digital outdoor placements.
- DEC provides brand marketers with a single system to build, deploy, manage and optimize both persistent online channels and high-impact social campaigns.
- DEC is a platform that includes everything from server configuration and deployment to content management and page creation via a WYSIWYG Editor or developer APIs, all with a fully integrated analytics suite.
- User-generated content submissions: Canon Imagin8ion
- B2B Campaign: Dell "America's Favorite Small Business"
- B2C across Earned and Paid: OnStar
- Global Distribution: 20th Century Fox
- With DEC, marketers can now overcome the challenges presented by today's fragmented digital landscape by building channels that combine branded and user-generated content, social conversation and marketing promotions and distributing them across earned, owned and paid media channels simultaneously.
- By centralizing content, conversation and creative asset management, DEC reduces costs associated with the building, distribution and optimization of digital marketing channels and campaigns.
- Thismoment's integrated analytics helps marketers understand how users interact with and share content and provides deeper insight into the ROI of their digital marketing programs.
Thismoment is a leading provider of digital marketing SaaS solutions. Its Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) is a real-time platform for managing social content, conversation and creative assets across earned, owned and paid media channels on web, tablet, mobile, and digital outdoor devices. Launched in March 2010, DEC is already used by more than 100 Fortune 500 brands. To learn more, visit www.thismoment.com.
About Sierra Ventures:
Sierra Ventures, founded in 1982, is a privately held venture capital firm focused on investments across Information Technology and digital media. Sierra Ventures has managed nine venture capital partnerships and currently has more than $1.5 billion of capital under management. Some of the firm's investments include 360Commerce (acquired by Oracle), Frontbridge (acquired by Microsoft), Greenplum (acquired by Microsoft), Intuit (INTU), Makemytrip (MMYT), Micromuse (acquired by IBM), OnAssignment (ASGN), StrataCom (acquired by Cisco), Sourcefire (FIRE) and Teredata (acquired by NCR).
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: thismoment, sierra ventures, funding, digital marketing platform, Social Media Management Software, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Social Media, Management, CEO/CFO, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Sony, Financial, Asset Management, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Entertainment, Internet, Other,