|Page (1) of 1 - 06/13/12||email article||print page|
Thismoment Raises $22 Million in Second Institutional Round Led by Trident Capital(June 13, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/13/12 -- Thismoment, a provider of social content management software for brands, today announced that it has secured $22 million in its C-Round funding led by Trident Capital. Thismoment's Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) platform has been adopted by more than 100 Fortune 500 brands during the past two years. DEC is a unique software solution for unifying, managing and analyzing a brand's social channels, rich media assets and user generated content. DEC allows brands and their agencies to drive content engagement and customer conversation management across multiple social, digital and mobile touch points, both online and outdoor.
Eric Jeck, venture partner at Trident Capital, joined the company's board in conjunction with the financing. He serves alongside existing investors Mark Fernandes, managing director at Sierra Ventures, and Tim Mayhew, managing director at Fenway Partners.
Thismoment Company Milestones:
- Revenue growth of 3x in 2011 over 2010
- Acquisition of Position2 Brand Monitor, a leading social media monitoring and engagement platform
- Naming of Thismoment as a charter member of the Google Engagement Solutions Developer and LinkedIn preferred developer programs, a member of Facebook's Preferred Marketing Developer Program, and a strategic partner of Amazon Web Services in addition to the company's existing strategic relationship with Google/YouTube
- Increased penetration of every major industry vertical: Automotive, Consumer Goods, Financial Services, Food and Beverage, Health, Insurance, Entertainment, Retail, Technology and Travel, including:
- All of the top eight U.S. Automakers
- All of the top six U.S. Movie Studios
- Four of the top five U.S. High Tech Companies
- DEC's delivery of Coca-Cola.TV, one of the most successful online events ever deployed with nearly 1.3 million unique users streaming over two live concerts across seven countries
Thismoment will use the financing to expand its operations within the United States and establish new offices in Europe, Latin America and Asia. Thismoment will also use the funds to accelerate DEC platform development and to further enhance and expand its DEC Partner Network, which already includes dozens of third-party creative shops, social media agencies, developers and resellers.
Eric Jeck, Venture Partner, Trident Capital
"We are excited to support Thismoment's rapid growth in the emerging social content management space. Thismoment provides robust solutions that help enterprises market in a more engaging manner, utilizing rich media and user generated content, user profile data and insights from user behaviors."
Vince Broady, CEO and Founder | Thismoment, Inc.
"We are thrilled to complete our Series C funding and to have Trident as our lead investor. With DEC's market momentum, Trident's SaaS and enterprise expertise, and a strong cash balance, Thismoment is primed and ready for explosive growth in 2012 and beyond."
Thismoment's Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC)
- Thismoment's Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) is the first social content management software to enable brands and agencies to scale initiatives across Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, brand sites, blogs, international social networks (e.g. VK, Mixi, Orkut, Hyves, etc), rich media ad units, mobile devices, tablets and digital outdoor placements
- DEC provides brand marketers with a single system to build, deploy, manage and optimize both persistent online channels and high-impact social campaigns
- DEC is a platform that includes everything from server configuration and deployment to content management and page creation via a WYSIWYG Editor or developer APIs, all with a fully integrated analytics suite
- DEC is the number one platform for custom YouTube brand channels with over 300 channels launched since 2010
- DEC has moderated and managed over 850,000 user-generated content submissions to date over dozens of customer UGC campaigns and programs. These submissions include video, photos and text in many and varied formats
- DEC has live streamed events across multiple social sites, brand sites and mobile, and has reached over 2 million unique viewers to date
- DEC is the only system in the world that powers social marketing campaigns across 12 distribution points simultaneously
- DEC's global capabilities have supported most marketing campaigns running simultaneously across 24 countries and over 30 languages
- DEC's mobile distribution capabilities enable more intimate distribution of marketing campaigns to tablets and phones, using mobiles apps and HTML5
- With DEC, marketers can overcome the challenges presented by today's fragmented digital landscape by building channels that combine branded and user-generated content, social conversations and marketing promotions and distributing them across earned, owned and paid media channels simultaneously
- DEC reduces costs associated with the building, distribution and optimization of digital marketing channels and campaigns by centralizing content, conversation and creative asset management
- DEC's integrated analytics helps marketers understand how users interact with and share content and provides deeper insight into the ROI of their digital marketing programs
Thismoment is a pioneer in the development of Social Content Management Software for brands. Its Distributed Engagement Channel (DEC) is a real-time platform for managing a brand's digital presence, including social content, conversation and creative assets across earned, owned and paid media channels on web, tablet, mobile, and digital outdoor devices. Launched in March 2010, DEC is already used by more than 100 Fortune 500 brands. To learn more, please visit thismoment.com.
About Trident Capital
Trident Capital is a leading venture capital firm with more than $1.9 billion of capital under management, including its most recent fund, Trident Capital Fund VII. Trident invests in Software, Internet and Business Services across multiple stages, from early startup to venture growth. Trident has substantial investment experience, sector expertise and operating skills together with broad networks of entrepreneurs and industry executives. The firm has helped build large numbers of successful companies since firm inception in 1993. Trident is broadly recognized as one of the leading investors in Health Care IT, Cloud Computing, IT Security and Online Advertising and Outsourcing. The firm is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. www.tridentcap.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: thismoment, Social content management, Social Media Management Software, Social Media Marketing, Sales,Advertising,Marketing,Insurance,Sales & Marketing,Health Care,Security,Internet,Business Issues,Cloud Computing,Security,Social Media,application services,Management,CEO/CFO,Broadcast,Management,Streaming,Digital,Internet/Web,Prosumer/Consumer,Business,Internet,Web,Social Media,Marketing,Standards/Initiatives,Internet Media,Cloud,Social Media,Cloud,USA,Marketwire,IT (Information Technology),Security,Financial,Asset Management,Business Services,Internet Technology,Medical,Business,Entertainment,Internet,